Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Member Spotlight - Version II....no threadjacking!!!!

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster Child1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIRE x BEA5T FIRE x BEA5T
    PSN ID: FIRE_x_BEA5T FIRE_x_BEA5T
    Gamertag: S4VN B3A5T

What's the story behind your gamertag?

When I first joined xbox live the only game I played was Gears of War. Everyone in the first clan I was part of called me a beast so I changed to it. After leaving that clan, and several other gamertag changes I recently changed back to Beast after everyone once again called me a beast while playing Gears Of War 2...I just recently added S4VN to it, because I saved myself from a very bad situation.

How long have you been on Xbox LIVE?

Since November 2007 with different accounts

What other gaming consoles do you regularly succumb to?

I own a PS3, but mostly use it as an overpriced Blu-ray player

How close does your Avatar resemble your real self?

Almost to a "T" except my avatar has more hair...

What is your favorite single player & multiplayer Xbox LIVE game?

Single player: Assassin's Creed franchise

Multiplayer: Gears Of War franchise

What was your most memorable gaming experience?

Reaching level 100 in Gears Of War 2 while playing 48hrs straight with about 2hrs sleep with Pops, and Viper by my side..putting an end to about a 6 month to a year(got frustrated with gameplay and traded game in) binge...and no majority of my EXP came from straight up XP, not all this 25x XP...

What do you do when you're not playing video games?

Changing Diapers, and being a chauffeur for my kids during soccer and football season, hanging out here with all my friends

Your guilty pleasure movie (you know the one, where you’re a little embarrassed you’ve watched it over and over or that you actually liked it)

Them Lovely Bones

What's the worst or weirdest job you've ever had?

Having to setup a roadblock so media and unauthorized personal couldn't pass for 12hr shifts with no bathroom privileges and during daylight hrs...it sucked real bad. Talk about a bladder of steel...

Beer, liquor, wine, or something else?

100% Beer...liquor and me don't mix well, and no I don't mean stomach wise...

Favourite food?

Anything BBQ or Hotwings...hotter the better

Favourite TV show?

Sons of Anarchy

3 favourite bands?

Demon Hunter
    Slipknot
    Tom Petty

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: VicariousViper VicariousViper
    liquor and me don't mix well, and no I don't mean stomach wise...

you and me both...unless its whiskey or scotch I tend to get real rude and mean. among my old drinking buddies ,I was the reason we started calling tequila "to kill ya"

Posting Veteran
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pops0064 pops0064
    ok this is to complicated for me so I will say this HELL YEAH AND YEE HAW

Post Whore
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EvilTorch EvilTorch
    PSN ID: EvilTorch2 EvilTorch2
    I wanted to wait until I was an official member before doing this, so here goes:

Gamertag

EvilTorch

My original gamertag was TorchFX. I was a huge fan of the Fantastic Four comics, particularly the Human Torch. I was really into punk music, and one of my favorite bands was NOFX. I just sort of mashed them together and TorchFX was born. I got bit by the achievement bug pretty bad and was playing a lot of garbage to boost my gamerscore and I just got to a point where I decided that was ridiculous and wanted a change. That's when I created my "evil" alter ego, EvilTorch. The rest is history.

I was an original Xbox Live beta tester and began my Xbox career as TorchFX.

I play on my PC from time to time, and I also have a PS3 that rarely gets used. iPhone has become a pretty good gaming device as well.

I would say it's pretty close, although my avatar may be a little thinner than the real EvilTorch!

Single Player - It's a toss up between Batman: Arkham Asylum and Red Dead Redemption
    Multiplayer - Since I don't play many multiplayer games, the one I've played online the most is Halo: Reach.

The day I got my first console, the Nintendo Entertainment System. That was the beginning of my gaming career and I'll never forget that. I also have fond memories of family game nights playing BurgerTime on the Intellivision and watching my dad play Yars' Revenge on the Atari 2600.

Full-time daddy/husband, so spending time with my family takes over most of my life outside gaming. I also love movies, particularly the Horror genre, but I watch almost anything (except Romantic Comedies...those are awful)

Your guilty pleasure movie (you know the one, where you’re a little embarrassed you’ve watched it over and over or that you actually liked it)

It's a little embarrassing how many times I've watched both the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the original Star Wars trilogy.

I was a stock boy at a grocery store. That wasn't exactly fun, especially since my manager was a giant douche.

I enjoy a good beer, but I've been know to put a hurting on bottles of vodka. I also recently got into American Honey, which is a Wild Turkey bourbon-based liqueur with a hint of honey. It's scary how smooth it goes down and I can make a bottle of that disappear pretty quickly.

Favourite food?

Pizza, pizza and pizza.

Favourite TV show?

Dexter

3 favorite bands?

Mastodon
    Clutch
    The Sword

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupFlagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second ClassRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ironwolf Ironwolf
    PSN ID: LupusFerrum LupusFerrum
    Torch, I was a beta tester as well for xbox live. Fun times back in the days. I miss Revolt racing.

Post Whore
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EvilTorch EvilTorch
    PSN ID: EvilTorch2 EvilTorch2
    Quote Originally Posted by xIronwolfx View Post
    Torch, I was a beta tester as well for xbox live. Fun times back in the days. I miss Revolt racing.
    I got my feet wet with the abomination known as NFL Fever. And yeah, Revolt Racing was a fun game.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree FriendsTagger First Class
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Oinkaphone Oinkaphone
    PSN ID: Oinkaphone Oinkaphone
    Gamertag: Oinkaphone

Heard the word on a podcast. Apparently, someone in the 12th-13th century tried to invent a new musical instrument by lining up some pigs (according to size, naturally) and pulling their tails in a rhythmic fashion. Thus, the Oinkaphone was born.

Since November 2008.

PS3. Also, Wii Bowling with my 4 year old, who consistently beats me. My high score is around 187. His is 203...

Pretty close, though my real-life corners may be a bit more, um, rounded.

For single player, it would have to be either the Mass Effect games, Fallout 3 or Oblivion. Yeah - probably Oblivion. Multiplayer would be Borderlands, CoD series and Battlefield, even though I don't play it much.

There are a bunch, but the most recent was in Red Dead Redemption. When I crossed the river into Mexico and that Jose Gonzalez song started playing...fucking brilliant. (I can swear here, right?)

Work. I'm an editor for a film company in real life, which mostly doesn't suck. Also, I'm married with a wonderful wife and a perfect and magical 4-year old boy. And, in my copious free time, I'm studying computer programming.

Don't guess I have one. I'm proud of the crappy movies I like.

Either I've had mostly good jobs, or I've blocked out the trauma. Either way, it's win-win.

Beer. I'm a total beer nerd.

Favorite food?
    Pizza or anything Thai.

Favorite TV show?
    3 current ones, in no particular order:
    Breaking Bad
    Sons of Anarchy
    Dexter

3 favorite bands?
    In order:
    Frank Zappa (tie)
    Chris Whitley (tie)
    Everyone else
    Last edited by Oinkaphone; 04-26-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Rest Home Warrior
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsTagger Second ClassPoster Child
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AsphaltRanger AsphaltRanger
    PSN ID: AsphaltRanger AsphaltRanger
    Gamertag: AsphaltRanger

What's the story behind your gamertag? I've been a medic for a long time. I made the GamerTag bag when I was playing battlefield on the PC, Sadly we played this while deployed to Iraq the first time. I figured because we spend most of the time walking on asphalt all day that the name AsphaltRanger was appropriate.

How long have you been on Xbox LIVE? 4 years

What other gaming consoles do you regularly succumb to? PS3, Wii, and what games my mac will play...why mac you say because its not windows

How close does your Avatar resemble your real self? Its totally identical I got that halo reach suit a few years back while I was doing some secret squirrel stuff for good ole Goerge W.... you know what I've already said to much

What is your favorite single player & multiplayer Xbox LIVE game? The Ghost Recon single player was my favorite, as for multiplayer GoW horde mode for the win

What was your most memorable gaming experience? Being with 15 other Geezers in a tiny lan center in Orlando FL

What do you do when you're not playing video games? Chase around 4 kids, Work Long hours, find my favorite Shiner Beer...or when I want to get into trouble with the wife I fire up the Guitar Amp, its a real guitar all strings no colored buttons

Your guilty pleasure movie (you know the one, where you’re a little embarrassed you’ve watched it over and over or that you actually liked it) I started watching spongebob with the kids and now when I'm deployed I strangely find my self watching it after missions...mind numbing I guess

What's the worst or weirdest job you've ever had? I used to work with a police dept. on the west coast as a medic for their Drunk Tank, not just their tank either I had to go pick them up so they we're no longer drunk IN PUBLIC...yeah that sux

Beer, liquor, wine, or something else? Beer and whiskey,my wife drinks wine and I'll keep my views of guys drinking fruity drinks to myself

Favorite food? BBQ anything pork, Beef or chicken...Tuna Steak is also a winner. There is a place called moby dick's on the coast here in texas their tuna steaks rock!

Favorite TV show? S#!t my dad says, walking dead

3 favorite bands? Seether, pink floyd, and the Beatles...thats right I said it ! Don't judge me monkey!

Geezer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fidget nTwitch Fidget nTwitch
    Gamertag: Fidget nTwitch

What's the story behind your gamertag? I used to have five ferrets that I inherited from an exgf. I thought if I ever got two more I would call them that. It was supposed to mean me and my wife, but she has her own machine and GT now.

How long have you been on Xbox LIVE? Oh lets say 3.5 years

What other gaming consoles do you regularly succumb to? Used to play PC for EverQuest but I've been away from that ever since my 360 came along.

How close does your Avatar resemble your real self? That's me. Still wearing my Carolina Panthers jersey with pride.

Single Player would probably be Bioshock - having read Atlas Shrugged gives the game another layer of perspective. MP is Black Ops.

What was your most memorable gaming experience? Making it to Level 50 on GoW2 Horde

What do you do when you're not playing video games? I can do other things? Work or whatever my wife tells me to. I've got a bad back so I don't do much physical activity. Years ago I used to do a lot of theatre as I can sing dance and act. I've still got my tap and ballet shoes.

Your guilty pleasure movie (you know the one, where you’re a little embarrassed you’ve watched it over and over or that you actually liked it) - Cabin Boy with Chris Elliot. I used to love that movie, in hindsight I've made a lot of questionable decisions in my life.

What's the worst or weirdest job you've ever had? As a performer in college I used to get to do character work. I've been Tweety, Sylvester, and I was Marge Simpson for a week.

Beer, liquor, wine, or something else? Bourbon I've actually run diagnostics on this and my MP score does show marginal improvement while drinking. Although, there is a bell curve here.

Favorite food? Biscuits and gravy...don't get it much. Most commonly ate food: Cereal, my wife is not what you would call skilled in the kitchen.

Favorite TV show? Fringe is about the only thing I DVR to watch later.

3 favorite bands? I've always preferred older music. Paul Simon, Journey and Boston (I don't do a lot of music, but I enjoy whats generally on the radio)

Old-Timer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Flagship Member500 Experience Points1 year registeredPoster Child

Level

I updated my old tag rlasly to ChewieMMX. One of my oldest friends nick-named me Chewie in our heavy drinking days. I was going through a divorce while we were room mates and he pulled into the parking lot one day and he could hear me shouting into the phone with her from his car. In addition when I drank too much he found it humorous that my prayers to the toilet gods sounded akin to Chewie’s battle cry… the MMX was simply to mark the year 2010.

Hell I’m not sure… a little over a year now? I tried to look it up but thanks to kinect updates I can’t find squat on my gamer profile anymore… ugh

Just XBL since my PC game Guild Wars buddies are all waiting impatiently for Area Net to release Guild Wars II.

I’m told he’s the spitting image… although that was before I bought the “Wookie” costume… so not so much now.

Single player: Dragon Age Series… I love the long a$s story lines as it combines my love for epic stories and gaming.

Multiplayer: MWS is the only one I’ve spent ample time with but I’m sure there will be more in the future.

Prior to Black-Ops release just running Michael Myers with you geezers… most fun I’ve had in ages… I mean what’s better than hide & go-seek with a tac-knife >=0)

Husband, father, Assoc. Director of Financial Aid, reading George RR Martin books now… I’ve also been doing some writing of my own over the last few years although I’m trying to finish my degree and have put it on hold until next fall.

True Blood… some of the episodes have made me cringe or question why I watch that crap… but over-all it’s been a decent HBO Series.

Collections Coordinator for Federal Loans… yuck! Worst job, can’t think of one that would qualify as weird.

Beer & Liquor when I have the extra bones… I like all the whiskey’s usually with 7-up or strait up on the rocks. Depends on if I’m drinking by the bottle at home or out on the town with buddies. Although at a certain age (I’ll be damned if I know when it happened…) our wives quit letting us go out drinking without them, probably because we weren’t good about knowing when to come home.

Favourite food?

I’m a meat and potatoes kind of person, definitely a carnivore… so steaks, chicken, sea food, I like it all!

Favourite TV show?

Burn Notice is the only one I have to watch all the episodes… the wife and I also have really enjoyed the True Blood series… see above LMAO

3 favourite bands?

Toby Keith; Metallica; Charlie Daniels (Old but always good)

I'm so far behind... I thought I was first.