Posting Veteran
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildVeteran

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darth Minotaur Darth Minotaur
    I played with some Randoms yesterday and we where able to get through London (I really like that Map) on Gold. I guess they play as a group a lot and where doing well. we tried to play Platinum to see how tough it was and wow....It was nasty. We got to wave Three on White against Geth (decked out to fight Geth). Brutal...very Brutal. 4 Primes showed up in Wave 1!

I had saved up and bought 10 High end boxes and didn't get a single new N7 character.

DM

Chatty Cathy
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree FriendsVeteran
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uncle Curveball Uncle Curveball
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimJack352 View Post
    New free ME3 MP DLC coming on July 17th, featuring Platinum difficulty - EARTH

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/07/11/earth/

I still haven't gotten the hang of Gold yet.
    We played some Platinum last night. We actually pulled off all of the objectives through Wave 10 for around 130k credits.

You get Banshees, Atlases AND Primes!

AT ONCE!

Goober
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberThree Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D Eye D Eye
    PSN ID: Deye Deye
    So I was looking to do some credit farming and went into a random match. The 3 guys I played with did pretty good and gave me some ideas for new play styles. Then the cheeky little party leader switched it to platinum without my knowledge. Couldn't figure out why I had to face Primes on wave one. Good news is though, we managed to win the match! You end up getting about 130K credits for the win. I managed to win 2 in a row and then decided to stop before I had a heart attack. Platinum throws evey heavy hitter each enemy has to offer. Nothing better than facing off against a couple of Primes flanked by a Banshee or 2 with a Phantom hanging out in the background shooting you. Of course you can't forget all the hunters and pyros rushing in either. Can't wait to try this with some Geezers!!!!
    Last edited by D Eye; 07-19-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Geezer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fidget nTwitch Fidget nTwitch
    I saw a video of some guys pulling it off. They had two of the new engineers and 2 of the new soldiers and they were really just going after the enemies aggressively. The one guy had that new Typhoon gun and was wearing them out with armor-piercing rounds on. I'll be eager to try it.

In other news I managed to meet up with Lt Dan last night to catch a beer since he was passing through Columbia SC. It was great to meet another Geezer in person.

Goober
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberThree Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: D Eye D Eye
    PSN ID: Deye Deye
    On the first match we did on Platinum I had kept my N7 Infiltrator. Her Electric Slash can reach all the way to the bottom of the steps in Firebase White, great for taking out those damn rocket troopers. One of the guys did what you stated, used an N7 Destroyer with a Typhoon, tore them up. The other two were using biotics pretty effectively, lots of biotic explosions. Once we finished the first match everyone, myself included, switched to Adepts. I was using the N7 Fury. I think as far as strategy goes, you need characters that have fast power animations, when I was using my Infiltrator her animations had her getting hit too often and usually resulted in me getting dropped when the big baddies started rolling in. With four adepts in the room you can imagine all the explosions. One other thing of note, one of the guys I played with used a Fury also and with both of us activating Annihilation Field at the door we were causing some good damage before they even entered the door. Dark Channel was also very helpful.

The biggest thing that helped us out most was the simple fact we lucked out when it came to the objective rounds and got maybe one or two that required us to come out of our hiding spot.

If anyone is interested in giving it a shot just let me know and we can figure out a time that works.

Old-Timer
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberOverdriveThree Friends500 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skye1017 Skye1017
    @D Eye: I'd be interested in trying platinum! No guarantees on how well I'll do--what with me not having any of the cool new N7 characters OR a harrier :P lol--but I have lots of missiles to contribute to the cause

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsCreated Blog entryPoster ChildVeteran
    Top Middle. BZZZZT! No, respawning in Blue Base.
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fragfinger Fragfinger
    http://www.youtube.com/v/ChV4GxljzrM

I think you have to be very specific on platinum with map choice and the dudes you bring in the room. Here's what the author of this video took in:

I'm using an N7 Demolisher with 6/6/6/6/0 (no Fitness). She is the keystone of this strategy, allowing endless grenade spam, tech burst and fire explosion setups, armor debuffs, and unlimited ammo for a party that's staying put. The other players are a Vorcha Soldier with Flamer, an Ex-Cerberus Vanguard with Slam, and an N7 Fury with Annihilation Field and Throw. The Asari Justicar with an offensive bubble and area reave is also a great choice for this strategy (as I'll demonstrate in the next vid), as are Infiltrators in general (but especially the Geth). Basically anything that will deal a huge amount of damage in an enclosed space (particularly to Banshees).
    So that's two tech bursters and two biotics. Also check out the weapon choices - I saw an Acolyte and a Disciple, for example - so this is all bursts and grenades, practically no weapon damage. makes sense to me. I die a little bit inside whenever I see a Geezer taking two guns into a match...
    Geezer #141

Geezer Deal Finder
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesPoster Child
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maizrim Maizrim
    Thanks for the games the other night folks... aside from the "balls" comments that somehow came up from myself, I hope to play again with you folks again.

Still have not tried Platinum, but hope to try a few rounds this weekend with the usual crew.

Btw, if anyone has the free GroupMe app (does go against your text messages unless you're using it on an iPod Touch) we have a "Mass Effect Geezers" group on there that helps get folks together. PM me here at GG and I'll send you an invite.

Old-Timer
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberOverdriveThree Friends500 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skye1017 Skye1017
    @Dai: I'm excited because I just got a Demolisher yesterday and spec'd her with the 6/6/6/6/0. Three of us ran a silver pretty easily

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TC Mooch TC Mooch
    Asking a question PLEASE NO SPOILERS!

Does anybody know if it is possible to get the best/perfect ending if you decide not to do any multiplayer? I've heard it is almost impossible to do because you will never have enough resources based on some natural decisions you make during the game.

I borrowed the game from a friend and am reluctant to pay $10 to get the multiplayer pass...unless the multiplayer is pretty fun in which that case maybe I pay the online pass and chalk it up to renting expenses