Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsCreated Blog entryPoster ChildVeteran
    Top Middle. BZZZZT! No, respawning in Blue Base.
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fragfinger Fragfinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Vay View Post
    Got early access to this...Alot of the same,but still great non the less.
    Let's have your impressions of the MP! Since this is the only new part, I think some people will be interested...
    Geezer #141

Posting Veteran
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildVeteran

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darth Minotaur Darth Minotaur
    I got to play one game of MP today. I would say if you like ME and like survival games...it is fun. It is like Horde mode in GoW...but with objectives ever three levels. And the 11th level is evacuation. So instead of spending hours playing one game, each game lasts about 15 minutes.

The three objectives I had where the defuse four locations, eliminate high value targets, hack data from computer terminals. If you complete them, you get bonus credits to improve your character, and the faster you do, the more you get.

Overall it is a good game. I like that you can change your character in-between games and each levels up independently.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster Child1000 Experience Points

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHAP ATTAK SHAP ATTAK
    PSN ID: ShapAttak ShapAttak
    I played about 2 hours of the multiplayer and I have to say that I loved it. I was very skeptical of adding this to Mass Effect since it's such a great game without it, but they designed it to be a great addition to the game. It gives you all the fun of Mass Effect combat with cool weapons, biotics and abilities in a quick, easy-to-access package. You have all the classes from the single player that you can level up, kit out and customize with the ability to unlock new characters and equipment as you progress.

As you play you earn XP for leveling your character and credits that you can use to purchase packs with random upgrades and possible new characters. It's a really fun wrinkle that keeps you wondering if you should spend the credits now or save up for a bigger upgrade pack, never knowing for sure what you'll get until you open it.

The enemies were challenging (especially for just 2 of us playing). They flank you and can be tough to take down without teamwork. In fact I feel like this multiplayer promoted teamwork more than any game I've played, since Left 4 Dead. In the demo, the first 2 waves will be straight 'Horde" mode combat and every 3rd wave is an objective wave (with the enemies still coming).

Personally I love this game mostly because I LOVE the Vanguard class and it's abilities. Nothing beats a biotic charge into a group of enemies that sends them flying and leaves them helpless against your shotgun. I can't wait to play some more.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I've played a few MP games in the demo also - add my thumbs up, for what it's worth. This is a fun take on the horde mode thing, and the addition of the whole Mass Effect biotics / tech abilities gives it enough of a spin to feel completely different.

As with all third person games, it feels a little awkward control-wise to me, but I am enough of a ME geek to overlook that. I know from experience that all ME games eventually feel OK to me, it's just that there's something weird about the FOV, or camera, or physics, or controller lag... I don't know. I will stick with it.

I already have this game preordered so I'm committed. Now I think I am going to spend more time in MP than I thought I would have before playing the demo. It would be great if there was a Geezer community for this, but if not then I'm not losing any sleep, I haven't experienced any griefing from the hoi polloi so far.
    Geezer #141

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

So, can someone set up a silver tag for MP?
    Geezer #141

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster Child1000 Experience Points

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHAP ATTAK SHAP ATTAK
    PSN ID: ShapAttak ShapAttak
    Played some more multiplayer and it just gets better. Biotic/Tech combos are so much fun. Combining biotic attacks with your teammates can cause big damage bursts and even spread it to nearby enemies. The teamwork aspect of the multiplayer makes it feel really fresh and fun. I can't wait for March 6th!

Goober
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points
    Level
    I too gave the ME3 multiplayer a go last night.

Going into matches with non-geezers, I expected the worst, but they turned out to be highly tolerable, if not completely and utterly lacking in regards to battlefield communication

I would love to get some rounds in with geezers once this game drops- though I struggle to believe I will be able to pull myself away from the SP long enough to play online!
    Colts Owner GG Madden League 12 - STL Blues Owner, GG PolarBeers NHL 12 League

Colts AFC South Champs, GG Madden 11 League

Geezer Deal Finder
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesPoster Child
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maizrim Maizrim
    We should be on again tonight (after we have company over to play Catan) - played for about 5 hours last night and it is FUN. We had two rooms of (mostly) Geezers last night and it was a blast. The folks I play with have some great tips too - very noob friendly.

In one night I leveled up my Human Male Engineer to 13 and we almost beat a Silver challenge. (lost on Wave 10) First thing I learned was to always save up for the Veteran Pack - I unlocked two different Gold Guns last night, one of which is a VERY powerful/lethal pistol.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Mass Effect 3 MULTIPLAYER - Xbox Live

The SIlver Tag is:

Click to send a FR.

The MP is awesome. I didn't think it would work well, but it seems that almost by accident they came up with a great formula. Gunplay, Biotic abilities and Tech powers form a great 'Rock / Paper / Scissors' triangle, with the wrinkle that no character class has all three. You really need to work together to effectively defeat your enemies (with the exception of Phantoms, damn you). Also, there's a tremendous variety of playstyle brought in by the different races. I unlocked a Drell Vanguard and realized after a couple of games that it simply doesn't play like a Vanguard (Biotic Charge / Shotgun, rinse and repeat). The Drell has very high base movement speed and mobility, but weak barriers - so you have to load up for ranged combat and pick off stragglers with Charge. Just one example.

Everyone should buy this game.
    Geezer #141

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship Member100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Malum In Se Malum In Se
    I agree with those above that the MP was surprisingly good. I had very low expectations. I figured it would be just another Horde mode cut and paste with a coat of Mass Effect Paint. It was so much more than that.

I played a human Adept to level 20-ish. If I could have gone without a gun for faster power recovery, then I would have. I basically just made sure enemies floated so my teammates could gun them down. I also used Warp for direct damage and to detonate my Singularities. Each of the classes and species for the classes do play differently. I can see spending a lot of time on this.