Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TC Mooch TC Mooch
    I watched the two Asylum videos today and here are my thoughts:

- The strategy was good we just had a lack of execution
    - Got beat over on our rock garden in the first rush letting them get an easy kill on Rathgar which left Edie in 2v1 situations. Need to take sprint to get position in rock garden.
    - Other team will always go for sword and shotty
    - Didn’t go for sniper
    - Middle man posting up in the middle guarding the sword has to be the game quarterback. Has to make callouts on enemy positions (right side is Rock Garden; left side is Sniper Spawn Side)
    o Middle guy needs to float over to either side for crossfire but at all costs must not get sucked out so he/she dies
    - If rock garden partner dies, get support from middle
    o Shade back until partner respawns
    - Man on sniper should be laying down cross fire to soften them up in Rock Gardens
    - Once they killed our rock garden duo, they took over our base and now we are running for our lives
    - We then simply fed them kills by trickling in after them
    - Need to do a better job of regrouping

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Callsign Mike Callsign Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBritanica View Post
    easy kill on Rathgar
    Thanks for the analysis, Mooch. Very helpful. Unfortunately, I am all too often an easy kill! The regroup/making sure we have numbers seems to have come up a lot and should be something we focus on.

Chatty Cathy
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solstice01 Solstice01
    I played with LBar5 and Pontiff last night. We did some multi-team and then some Arena games. Without Pontiff's mic and one random, communication was lacking but we coordinated well for the most part and I enjoyed playing with LBar5 and Pontiff.

It almost makes me want to figure out a way to do a "meet and greet" type of thing. Or have everyone do the dossier type thing here. It is easy to figure out that playing with someone works or doesn't, but takes longer to know if we gel with our personalities.

Thoughts?

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

It's a good idea. Pontiff should have a mic today, so that'll help. I agree that I've enjoyed playing with both Lbar and Pontiff. DarkSean, too. He and I played a few games on Wednesday prior to Geezer night and it was fun, despite my playing pretty poor.

Maybe an offnight 'meet and greet' where we plan on playing just against each other is a way forward. We could just play some custom games so even if we were unbalanced, we could make it work somehow (maybe the odd person out goes to a third team and is only offense or defense, is the random that just runs and guns, or has to try not to die without being able to shoot back, in-game observer, or 4v1 for engage and evade practice.....the possibilities are endless)

I enjoy filling out dossier type information because it is interesting to know a little about who is on the other end of the mic, but it is hard to know who you'll gel with until you've played with them a bit. Some people you click with very well, others not as much. I'm open to whatever.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

I think one of the fastest ways for recruits to gain membership is posting on the forums and letting us get to know them on a personal level. Like we've all said in the past: skill isn't that much of a factor, it's personality and if they are the right "fit" for our group.

I do like the dossier style threads as well because I always learn something new. For instance, I didn't know Chaos' name was Nickie (sorry if I spelled it wrong). I just always assumed it was Chaos.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

I had some great games last night with Pontiff. Thanks, Pontiff, it was nice working through some Arena and slayer games. We met up with come of the rest of the usual suspects later in the evening and those games were also really enjoyable.

Don't know if I'll be on tonight or tomorrow night. Not expecting too much from Hurricane Irene, but we'll see.....

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Great practice Chaos, fantastic Condemned map walkthrough. I learned a lot and awesome games everybody! The first Condemned map we played when we split off into groups was one of the top executed matches I played in--great job to Mike, Lbar, Solstice and Edie on a job well done!

My vote for Map of Week next week is Anchor 9!

We are getting better folks. Some really good improvements with DMR accuracy. I think it is starting to pay off. Pontiff, it was nice to play with you. Lbar, I'm really enjoying grouping up with you and I think you bring a really good DMR headshot to the team and you better watch out with your sniping kills...we may make you go professional with them.

See you all on later in the week!

Rest Home Warrior
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GravHammerman GravHammerman
    PSN ID: GravHammerman GravHammerman
    Great night of Spartanhawk learnin'! I apologize for voicing my frustration a bit too much in MM. I think someone forgot to turn off the Lag Skull. Too much lag makes Grav unhappy.

Lag Skull

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Bravo Squad after action report from 29 August 2011

Ha! I hates me some lag skull, as evident by my frustration on Anchor 9!

Ok, thoughts from last night:
    -Another good practice and I agree with everyone that we're improving individually and as a team. I'm much calmer working someone over with the DMR knowing I can close out that head shot FTW (unless they are good with cover or go into AL....)
    -Our first "bravo squad" game on Condemned was a thing of beauty
    -We need to walk thru Anchor 9 and talk tactics; we got pwned there. Couldn't figure out where to try and hold but to be fair we were up against some lag and those guys were pretty good which brings me to my next point....
    -We need to be ready to adapt on the fly. Our Anchor 9 game started out very rough but we started bringing it around. Solstice was instrumental in talking us through it. I think some of us should have gone Armor Lock mid-game because we were really getting softened up with 'nades, overrun by the shotty and rockets
    -Sometimes bad games happen: We have to stay positive and not get down. I lost my cool a bit on Anchor 9 and it was still bothering me on the next game. It affected my play and couldn't have helped others. Keep it light! I recommend we make really bad jokes during bad games and when getting destroyed so we don't get too down and negative. Discussing lag should be as matter as fact as any other call out.
    -The second Condemned game (my last of the night) we didn't control the power weapons and though we were moving well and coordinating, we kept loosing out in skirmishes: Some encounters were unbalanced because they had rockets, sword, shotty, etc.
    -We are doing much better at not feeding teams kills but we can and should continue to get tougher in this regard. When we were down in Anchor 9 and Condemned, I started to press and pressing = death more often than not. When we can dictate the engagements, we're so much more effective (as evident by the first game)
    -Aggressive teams that press us with moderate to high skill levels are often successful against us. In the second condemned game, we were often where we wanted to be, but we got overrrun a few times. Anchor 9 was like that, too. The red team was constantly on the move, just clearing us out of rooms over and over. This would be an excellent practice topic/scenario in a few 'hawk v. 'hawk games: Offensive team tactics v. a defensive team tactic. I think we were trying to be the defensive team in all three bravo squad games I was in. Curious what others think.

Awesome games and practice. Again, I think the highlight of the night was just running around Solstice's map in the "headshot arena" warming up. I absolutely love doing that and think it helps me a ton!

Wow: Just looked at our stats from last night and it confirms my suspicions: I PLAYED HORRIBLY. My apologies, Bravo Squad--I'll do better next outing!!
    Last edited by Horathgar72; 08-30-2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Checked stats, mea culpa