Prestige 1
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TC Mooch TC Mooch
    It brings a tear of joy to my eye to see such a beautiful and laid-out agenda for our practices...it makes it so deliverable, accountable and official looking. I love it!

Chatty Cathy
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Solstice01 Solstice01
    Schedule looks great. If you are planning on being there on time, please be there time.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CHa0s View Post
    Hey, thanks for letting us know you might be on late, congrats to your son on the promotion! Yes, the reason why we now have a drill sergeant is to run us through drills, including DMR warm-ups every practice, so we should start doing those regularly, now. As well, it is the MTL's job to provide us with a tid-bit tip/trick and MoM's duty to make us have fun

Here is how we can fit everything that's been requested into a practice line-up:

1. 9:00pm ET - Room opens up, we razz each other until everbody is in
    2. 9:05 - MTL Grav opens up with a tip/trick
    3. 9:15 - SL CHa0s introduces map concepts, starts custom game/forge, we go in and talk strat, walkthrough, etc
    4. 9:35 - Spartanhawks discuss strat tweaks, alternate strats
    5. 9:45 - We scrim for ten minutes to practice strat
    6. 9:55 - TI Solstice runs us through DMR warm-up or drill
    7. 10:10 - we break off into squads and head into matchmaking
    9. 10:30 - we regroup and scrim again for ten minutes with what we've learned
    10. 10:45 - MoM Horath leads us in a closing crazy game or amazingly aesthetic map

Did I forget anything?

As you can see, this is a two hour practice! And that's a big 'if we keep on schedule'. This is why it's important to limit interruptions and show up on time, not be disruptive, and we can all try and help each other remember.

Anybody have any changes they'd like to make to this schedule?
    Would there be anyway to get me about 10 minutes at the very begining of the practice to go over any housekeeping items for the group? It can be a standing agenda item every week just so people can expect it and I can relay any important information to everybody in the effort to get everybody on the same page. I will only take up what time is needed to discuss any information or end at 10 minutes...whichever is faster (which means I will never go over the 10 minute mark).

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice01 View Post
    Schedule looks great. If you are planning on being there on time, please be there time.
    Yes, please remember to be respectful to team members and show up promptly as most weeks we have very full agendas. Thanks everybody and I'm looking forward to tonight. HOORAH!

Senior Post Whore
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LBar5 LBar5

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Callsign Mike Callsign Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Horathgar72 View Post
    Sounds good. Irrespective of how our matchmaking goes, I'll have the fun map ready to roll.
    Here is a hint about the map/gametype: I expect Edie will be very, very good. Muh-ha-ha-ha! (sinister laughing....)
    So, last night's MoM game was called 'Snowball fight': You scored points for sticks, but your k/d ran in the background. You could have gone big positive in k/d and still lost if you weren't sticking folks. Next time we play something custom, I'll be sure to let everyone know a bit more about what is enabled, what isn't, how the scoring (if any) works, and the timeframe. I'd loaded that game before practice and walked through, but some of the details (i.e., melee damage turned off) weren't apparent until we started playing. I also thought the map was going to have extra stickies spawn in, but something changed between my solo walkthru and when we played. Still, for a first effort I thought it was fun. There are going to be some great screenshots and film from that game! I know I got "headstuck" at least once, I added some blue to Solstice's airforce helmet once with a head stick, and I got a completely lucky near cross-map stick on someone. I heard lots of double kills, at least one triple, and best of all--everyone took it for what it was: FUN! No stress heard at all (or you went silent because you got stuck....)

These games will improve as I get more familiar with customization. Believe it or not, I'm fairly new to tinkering with the different parameters but I already know better where to look for custom changes.

Also, because they are fun, future slayer gametypes will ALWAYS have assassinations enabled. They may even factor into scoring.........

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Horathgar72 View Post
    So, last night's MoM game was called 'Snowball fight': You scored points for sticks, but your k/d ran in the background. You could have gone big positive in k/d and still lost if you weren't sticking folks. Next time we play something custom, I'll be sure to let everyone know a bit more about what is enabled, what isn't, how the scoring (if any) works, and the timeframe. I'd loaded that game before practice and walked through, but some of the details (i.e., melee damage turned off) weren't apparent until we started playing. I also thought the map was going to have extra stickies spawn in, but something changed between my solo walkthru and when we played. Still, for a first effort I thought it was fun. There are going to be some great screenshots and film from that game! I know I got "headstuck" at least once, I added some blue to Solstice's airforce helmet once with a head stick, and I got a completely lucky near cross-map stick on someone. I heard lots of double kills, at least one triple, and best of all--everyone took it for what it was: FUN! No stress heard at all (or you went silent because you got stuck....)

These games will improve as I get more familiar with customization. Believe it or not, I'm fairly new to tinkering with the different parameters but I already know better where to look for custom changes.

Also, because they are fun, future slayer gametypes will ALWAYS have assassinations enabled. They may even factor into scoring.........
    Yes, don't be afraid to fire up forge and tinker with the maps, i.e. change the win to only 10 sticks, drop more plasma grenades in there, start us with more, etc. Stuff like that. I was a heck of a lot of fun though so thanks for putting it together!

Senior Post Whore
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredPoster ChildFlagship MemberThree Friends1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DARKSEAN26 DARKSEAN26
    Last night was awesome. I loved the structure, I loved all the different things we went through. Thank you to everyone who had presentations, thank you for your time.

I LOVED Solstice's gym. I would only offer three suggestions. First, make DMR's more readily available. Second, is there a way to have the spawn in the middle of the gym (so we don't have to move to far and take time to get back to the pits) and the pits are better labeled. I dropped into the wrong pit on more than one occasion.

Third, can we decide on a process as to who fights where? The simplest would probably be, the winner stays and the losers go to the next clockwise pit.

I think these can make our gym time much more efficient. I do love the map though. It's so well made.
    "Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ERE THE SUN RISES!"

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Yes Solstice, thanks for taking the time to forge these wonderful maps. I've been in Forge and it isn't easy or fast so thanks for taking time out of your playing schedule to set this up for us!

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Callsign Mike Callsign Mike
    I want to say thanks for the awesome forge training arena! Solstice, that map is awesome! Excellent training tool and I can't wait to spend more time there. I'm going to make an effort to spend a little less time in matchmaking and a little more training in the next few weeks. Feel like I'm being left behind!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanA View Post
    Third, can we decide on a process as to who fights where? The simplest would probably be, the winner stays and the losers go to the next clockwise pit.
    I smell the beginnings of a winner-takes-all survivor tournament! Go to the morale, welfare, and recreation thread to see details and provide feedback on the tournament.
    Last edited by Horathgar72; 09-27-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: moved info on tourney to morale, welfare, and rec. thread