Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster Child10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Enteleki Enteleki

Saints Row 3

I can't believe no one is talking about Saints Row 3.

SR2 was fantastic. This game was my introduction to Xbox 360 Co-op. It was unbelievably over-the-top. What other game is going to let you pimp-out your co-op buddy in the back seat of a car while you drive like a maniac to avoid the poparazzi? What other game is going to award you for the damage you can do to a peaceful suburb with a sanatation truck that shoots filth? Where else are you going to indulge in a weird mini-game requiring fast thumb-work at the backdoor of a strip club? Who else, but Volition, will let you customize your avatar in absolutely every aspect, then let you strutt around the entire city like Huggy Bear carrying your pimp stick which doubles as baddest shotgun ever? What other game lets you demonstrate your softer side by letting you decorate your pad such that it attacts strippers that just hang-out and dance all day?

I could go on and on. SR2 was a blast and SR3 should be no less.

On thing about SR2 I particularly appreciated was the creation of your avatar. I must have spent a good 2 hours putting final touches on it as I tried to model it after myself. If I missed the mark, it wasn't for lack of characteristics to tweak. This avatar creation system makes Forza tweaking look like a Playschool Busy-Box. It was pretty cool seeing a near likeness of me in the game. One problem though. Everytime I returned to the game after a save, my guy had no shirt on. I gave up and went with it. I did all my gang business in basketball shorts, sneaks, and a a side-ways hat. All matching, of course.

I am really looking forward to SR3. Are there any other geezers out there who will pick this up?

Elections are no longer a useful agent of change. Our politicians are
    corrupt because they are elected by a corrupt culture. Change the culture.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsCreated Blog entryPoster ChildVeteran
    Top Middle. BZZZZT! No, respawning in Blue Base.
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Fragfinger Fragfinger
    Geezer #141

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Geezer #141

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

cool vids Dai. Thanks

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Thanks to you for bringing the game up in the first place. Here's a thing - I was so enamored with the Mollusc Projector in the first video that I had to do some research. It seems that this game will have a huge amount of DLC, including the Octopus Launcher. I'm not sure if it will be full price at retail, or why having so much DLC seems to be such a big deal. Can someone clear up the particulars of that? Controversy or not?
    Geezer #141

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sk17z0 Sk17z0
    PSN ID: N4M3Z47 N4M3Z47
    I'm getting this game. I'm not getting the collectors edition because I don't need another headset. I might pre order through Amazon like I did for Gears3 and Batman AC Collectors Edition.

Her name is Noelle and she was born on 12/30/10 at 2:10pm. She weighed 8p 13.5oz and was 20in long.
    The Co-Op Syndicate (TCS)
    Im enjoying my new Tmobile G2.
    Im enjoying my white Ipad 2.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

40 weeks of DLC! That's crazy! I can see how this has become controversial as game companies try to wring every penny out of a realease (CoD Elite I'm pointing at you), but I am inclined to believe what the CEO says about getting a full game for full price. SR2 was packed full of a wide variety of story missions, side mission and all types of diversions. Eveyone expects the same level of playablility since this was the primary reason SR2 was such a success. The SR2 DLC, as I recall, was to add new story-based missions.

Forty-weeks of DLC? It's hard not to be skeptical since DLC usually runs $10-$15. At the low end, that's $400. I won't be spending that sort of money.

I don't know what to think about it.

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class

Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JediChric JediChric
    PSN ID: JediChric JediChric
    So, how is the game? How's the co-op? I am on the verge of getting it. I created a character last night, and she rocks! My wife even approves...although she was a little miffed when I called my character the "perfect woman". Please let me know, so I know if I'll be getting my money's worth.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sk17z0 Sk17z0
    PSN ID: N4M3Z47 N4M3Z47
    Jedi the game is totally worth it! Jedi why do you have a female character? My friend did the same thing in SR2 and RE5.
    But anyway if you buy the SR3 stragety guide ($24.99) you get the Money Shot DLC pack that includes Togo-13 Sniper Rifle, Ultor Interceptor Jet Bike, and Ultor Assassin suit. I pre ordered the game and guide at the same time and got 27% off at GS. Jedi if you get the game let me know so we can play sometimes.

Her name is Noelle and she was born on 12/30/10 at 2:10pm. She weighed 8p 13.5oz and was 20in long.
    The Co-Op Syndicate (TCS)
    Im enjoying my new Tmobile G2.
    Im enjoying my white Ipad 2.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

The game is worth it for the laughs. If you're looking for a serious FPS with challenging AI, then this is not the game for you. If you want an open world that's fun to play in, then SR3 is the best.

Last night Pops and I played some whored-mode. It was a laugh a minute and challenging. Was it as good as MW3 survival or GoW3 horde-mode. No, but where else are you going to see Pops surrounded by men, in skimpy bondage outfits, beating him with 5 foot purple dildos. We could not stop laughing and lost the round.

Here's a tip:

Later we did some campaign co-op. Lots of fun and over-the-top action. There are some familiar things, such as stealing cars and bringing them back to the crib so they are available anytime; buying businesses to ramp-up weekly income; cops and rivals chasing you for disrespect and lawbreaking; the taunts; the walks; the crazy people on the street; the hos; the pimps; the stores; the XXX theaters; it's just like I remember it but better, livelier, funnier.

Pops quit after a gun run mission (with Predator missiles) so Bakedbean and I went car jacking and toured the city. The cops have some nice cars, if you can keep the rubber on the wheels. Driving seems easier. The A-button is for drifting instead of the e-brake so making tight turns fluid, once you get the knack. My favorite part of the chases is being a passenger and trying to headshot the driver behind you. The pistol is definitley the weapon that can get that done. A few times I missed and hit the passenger, who immediately slumped-over. Nice detail.

After an hour or so of evading cops and rivals, we hijacked a helicopter. Lots of city to explore. We landed on the top of the highest building in Steelport and jumped off the top. I have to admit to feeling a slight sense of vertigo as I looked over the edge. Bean failed to pull his shute in a timely manner so he hit pavement hard. I landed on an elevated rail too far away to revive him before he bled-out. It seemed like a good place to end the evening.

I'm looking forward to more exploring, killing and destruction tonight.