Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Senior Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesPoster ChildTagger First Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MidnightGhostGF MidnightGhostGF

Battlefield 3

Sorry, I was asleep at the switch and forgot to create this post yesterday.... So let get some discussion going, what's good, what's great, what's bad, and what's ugly about Battlefield 3.

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next installment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/eedRhcpOsuU

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship Member1 year registeredThree FriendsPoster Child10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Enteleki Enteleki
    Picked-up the game yesterday. Played a lot of "Broken Lobby" and earned the "Riding the Pines" and "This Reminds Me of Homefront" achievements. Yay me.

I got into a couple of games, even got into one with my squad mates.

Co-op? Really? That's supposed to work on release day? Could have fooled me.

I'd like to review the game, but I didn't see much. This is my first BF game and coming from CoD it seems like there is an awful lot of running long distances to get to the objective just to end-up killed by some unseen shooter. I know, I know. I can spawn on a squad or team mate. I didn't get enough play time to figure it all out.

I hope this gets better.
    Last edited by Enteleki; 10-26-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Elections are no longer a useful agent of change. Our politicians are
    corrupt because they are elected by a corrupt culture. Change the culture.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Other than the obvious issues with the servers, I am Extremely happy with my decision to buy this Day One.

I am up to Rank 8 in Multiplayer mode. I am primarily playing Conquest mode. This is the original BF1942 mode.

This game has its hooks into me. There is so much variety in the gameplay. I go back and forth from focusing on a specific class to get upgrades, to having a ball in the jets and choppers.

The aircraft upgrades are going to be alot of fun. Heat Seeking missiles, Electronic Counter Measures, onBoard Fire Extinguishers are just a few. All sorts of options for making it possible to stay in the air longer. (a few folks on the ground focused on bringing down planes can make for short flights initially).

This game gets my stamp of approval for MP goodness. Can't wait to get outta work so I can play some more!

PhazeZero

Site Founder
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranFlagship MemberOverdriveYour first GroupTagger First Class
    Duvall, WA. Over the river and through the woods from Microsoft.
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jamey T Jamey T
    Got to play with Phaze a bit last night. Digging it. Just need to find time to sleep.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsPoster Child
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: G Fid G Fid
    Quote Originally Posted by PhazeZero View Post
    a few folks on the ground focused on bringing down planes can make for short flights initially
    Guilty. I love my Stinger.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship Member1 year registeredThree FriendsPoster Child10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Enteleki Enteleki
    If anyone would like to take pity on a BF noob and help him get his bearings, I'd really appreciate it. Send me a FR.

I can see how this will be a fun game, I just need to learn the ropes. Run 500 feet and die is no way to go through life.

Elections are no longer a useful agent of change. Our politicians are
    corrupt because they are elected by a corrupt culture. Change the culture.

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightGhostGF View Post
    Sorry, I was asleep at the switch and forgot to create this post yesterday.... So let get some discussion going, what's good, what's great, what's bad, and what's ugly about Battlefield 3.

http://www.youtube.com/v/eedRhcpOsuU
    That video is awesome.

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CuttyCantHang CuttyCantHang
    I don't care how fast I rank up so I typically don't dive into MP first. I am doing the campaign. Up til Operation Guillotine and the "canal" portion of this mission I loved the campaign. This part however has me ready to RAGE. I am playing this on hard and this section of the game is so ludicrous and over the top hard I just stare at the screen in amazement every 100,000 times I have died here.

My squad mates keep yelling "Let's get into the building!" yeah right. Two steps...DEAD. Crouched behind a rock....DEAD. Find a good spot to take out the bad guys, guess what...they never-end-spawn until I am guessing you move far enough ahead. Realize that and try to move ahead...DEAD. You have 15 squad mates around you, every single terrorist on screen is shooting just at me! I think there are dudes from missions far ahead of where I already am actually shooting at me through all the game coding as well. I'm getting hit by bullets that are seemingly fired from no place at all!!!!

I have sunk 2 or 3 hours into this tiny little section alone not to make it more than literally 100 steps forward progress.

Say 7up!

Pointman
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree FriendsCreated Blog entry1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: clueman3210 clueman3210
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackEmYakEm View Post
    I don't care how fast I rank up so I typically don't dive into MP first. I am doing the campaign. Up til Operation Guillotine and the "canal" portion of this mission I loved the campaign. This part however has me ready to RAGE. I am playing this on hard and this section of the game is so ludicrous and over the top hard I just stare at the screen in amazement every 100,000 times I have died here.

My squad mates keep yelling "Let's get into the building!" yeah right. Two steps...DEAD. Crouched behind a rock....DEAD. Find a good spot to take out the bad guys, guess what...they never-end-spawn until I am guessing you move far enough ahead. Realize that and try to move ahead...DEAD. You have 15 squad mates around you, every single terrorist on screen is shooting just at me! I think there are dudes from missions far ahead of where I already am actually shooting at me through all the game coding as well. I'm getting hit by bullets that are seemingly fired from no place at all!!!!

I have sunk 2 or 3 hours into this tiny little section alone not to make it more than literally 100 steps forward progress.

I feel you pain. I am playing on normal and it took me 10 tries to get through.

I went up the stairs hugged the wall. took out the two mg nest. after the nests, then continued to follow the wall on the far left. ran under the building and hugged the wall again (clockwise). a couple of flares went off and 2 more bad guys down. then my teammates came to help. followed the wall all the way to the far right of the building with the stairs. shot a team mate almost started over.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AKA The Seeker AKA The Seeker
    PSN ID: AKA_The_Seeker AKA_The_Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackEmYakEm View Post

I had trouble there too. Then I got to the bank building and started wishing I was still in the canal. At one point I actually said "Why am I doing this?" out loud. I've probably died at least 60-70 times on Operation Guillotine alone.
    Devil Doc Daddy