Senior Post Whore
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildVeteranThree Friends

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ken McCoy Ken McCoy
    Jumped in a room today with 3 people I have played with before and 2 people I hadn't. The first game we played I really had a great game, and ended up going 10-1 k/d, along with a vehicle kill or two along the way. I consider myself a decent player but I don't often get a game like this. Pretty much every decision I made was the correct one, and just about every time I encountered an enemy, he was looking in another direction. Anyway, while in the post game lobby, one of the guys that were in the party that I hadn't played with before asked, "So, Ken, do you play Recon?" I replied, "No, Engineer almost exclusively." I considered that a great compliment. =D
    It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing!!!

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TC Mooch TC Mooch
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkscul View Post
    Boy was I frustrated, but it lead me to a thought. Like I said, I'm not familiar with the support class, so I was wondering, if you have claymores equipped do the claymores take the slot that your ammo packs would be in? Or in other words did the fact that he had claymores equipped mean that he could not possibly drop ammo because he didn't have ammo equipped? That was the impression I got, but not sure how that class works. If that is the case, though, that would explain why not all support class players drop ammo when you want it, and there is no indicator for whether or not they have ammo packs equipped.

Also leads me to another thought. Squad perks. A lot of people are starting to gain enough rank that they have at least some of them, so which ones do people think are best? For myself, I almost always have squad flak (flak jacket) equipped, figuring that that always benefits my squad mates. I mean it benefits anytime someone is shooting at you, making you a bit harder to kill. I also see value in sprint, ammo (as we are discussing in this thread), and others, but I think there needs to be a discussion on this so when we get to the point where we can equip a squad with four different ones, which ones do we choose. Another question is if two squad mates have the same squad perk active, do they stack? I'm assuming they don't, but don't know for sure.
    No, you can run with both ammo packs and claymores. They take up different slots so the guy was just stupid. Also, when I run in a room I also try to coordinate starting kits with my squad. I usually play medic/assault but if somebody else is one and we don't have support, I'll roll with support for the ammo because it always seems like we need ammo.

So is the "specialization" slot always for the entire squad or do you need to rank up more to make it effective for your squad and not yourself?

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkscul View Post
    One more thing. I know both Pigfarm70 and Mooch are somewhat beginners at this game, but I have definitely seen how valuable both of you can be. Just because you aren't getting huge amounts of kills doesn't mean you can't contribute. Mooch, you have a knack for the Assault/Medic class (and I'm placing an emphasis on Medic) because the first time I played with you, I was amazed at how often I was revived by you, and you weren't reviving me into a hail of bullets most of the time. Pig, I enjoy taking out tanks with rockets, and I like doing it just me vs the tank, but I can sure tell you it's much easier when I have another engineer right next to me who is fearless and can put rockets on target as well. It usually takes 4 rockets for one engineer to take out a tank. That requires quite a bit of time when you factor in reloading, popping out of cover to reacquire the target and getting your shot off. Time that your enemy can use to find you with his main gun, or his copilot can either find you with his machine gun, or just jump out and ambush you while you are reloading, and that's not even assuming that there is an engineer there who can repair the tank. Both of you do a great job of communicating as well, which is key in this game.
    Thanks Ken, I can honestly say I LOVE running around and reviving my squad and randoms. I'm trying to do a better job of also using my gun but I have a hard time going first into a bullet fight because if I die...who is going to revive my teammate if he dies. I am slowly getting some more kills but my first instinct is to hang back a bit and revive...especially if it is an engineer and they are taking down a tank. They usually die behind cover so I can revive them quite easily.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Also, shout of to the folks I played with last night. GREAT TIME! Daddio, Crow, Fid, EdgyEyes, Chaos and some others I believe...I had a great time playing with and against some of you. We were dominating all night long and I had a great time. Thanks for the great games.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster Child10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Enteleki Enteleki
    Damn, I need to play with you guys sometime. Ken, you're already on my friend list, so may be I'll hit you up for an invite one of these evenings.

Elections are no longer a useful agent of change. Our politicians are
    corrupt because they are elected by a corrupt culture. Change the culture.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Enteleki View Post
    Damn, I need to play with you guys sometime. Ken, you're already on my friend list, so may be I'll hit you up for an invite one of these evenings.
    You can add me as well if you want Enteleki. I usually don't even log onto BF3 unless one of my friends is playing it because I like to exclusively roll with a squad of Geezers as I have more fun that way...especially as a Medic/Assault class.

Pointman
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberThree Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pigfarm70 Pigfarm70
    Crap, sounds like the Pig Bro's missed a good run last night....dang it ! We've been on BF3 so much lately that we decided to get in the NHL12 Wed Nt "Polar Beers Fun Night", we had a great time but it sounds like we missed some good times here also !

Ken, thanks for the positive words...

As Mooch said, the Clay's go in the second slot....where you might equip mines.

I tend to start a round as an Eng, so that we can get some mines down around our first few flags and take out some of the starting wave of armor. Often I find that by about halfway through the need for a Support guy exceeds that of the Eng so I'll frequently spawn back in and play Support the rest of the round.

I enjoy both.....I sure wish I could carry the Clay's AND the C4 as a support guy....THAT would be sweet !

We should start keeping tabs of which map benefits from which squad perks the most and equipping them at the start of the round, Squad Explosives is another big one as it allows for a greater number of mines, clays, c4, etc to be carried. I am not certain if the SMAW ammo is increased through the explosives or ammo perk. Pig80 is a big fan of the Cover perk....it greatly reduces the screen "haze" you get when being shot at/supressed which in turn allows him to continue to press an attack. Hopefully we will soon all start having them available, we'll just have to communicate and have the lower ranking guys equip the one they have available and the higher rank guys equip ones that are not yet unlocked for others. By the time we have 4 squad perks equipped, it should help the squad immensely.

Do we know what all of the avail Squad Perks are ? Sprint, Ammo, Flak, Cover, Explosives (am I missing any ??) If I am not missing any then 4 of the 5 could be equipped by one squad....I'd think that the best set-up would be for all to be equipped except for Ammo & Explosives which one guy could toggle between based on which map you are playing.

Ken I assume that multiple squad perks do not stack, but am not 100% certain. I am also curious how this scenario works...As an Eng I always have my "personal" explosives enabled so that I can carry a greater number of mines. If someone equips the "Squad EXPL" does that mean I carry an even greater number of mines....or does it simply make my personal one redundant ? I suppose part of my lack of understanding is that I do not know exactly how the Squad Perk works....it it a new field to be equipped or is it simply that at a certain level whatever perk you have enabled also applies to the whole squad ? At what level do these begin to unlock ?? Are they unlocked as a Rank progression or other ???

EDIT - Was looking on Battlelog today and educated myself a bit, I see now that the Squad Perks are unlocked beginning at Level 23 and then about every 3 levels through level 37. I was wrong, there is also SUPP and FRAG...making a total of seven perks available and still a max of 4 being equipped by one squad of course. I think I'd still go with my earlier assesment, except I would replace AMMO with SUPP I think....the AMMO is only for your Primary/Secondary weapon and when we run good balanced team's we should be able to have a Support guy handy to feed ammo if necessary which in-turn helps their scoring for the round. So I think if possible running a full squad with SPRNT, SUPR, COVR & EXPL would be ideal. I also confirmed that EXPL is what boosts the qty of SMAW rockets....as well as mines, clay's, etc. Hopefully I'll have SQD SPRNT unlocked before the weekend is out !

Pig70
    Last edited by Pigfarm70; 12-01-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsTagger Second ClassPoster Child

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DADDIO1963 DADDIO1963
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBritanica View Post
    Also, shout of to the folks I played with last night. GREAT TIME! Daddio, Crow, Fid, EdgyEyes, Chaos and some others I believe...I had a great time playing with and against some of you. We were dominating all night long and I had a great time. Thanks for the great games.
    It was a great time, even if you did like to let people get shot/stabbed/killed so you could "revive" them!!! LOL...
    If you see me on, send me an invite. I need to get ranked up and jumped a level or two last night even on the games we only had 2 or 3 kills in.. LOL

Pointman
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberThree Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pigfarm70 Pigfarm70
    Is anyone planning on being on tonight ? I believe the Pig Bro's will be on playing BF3 tonight for most of the evening.... Hope to see a group of y'all there !!

Hopefully we can find a good room and Roll some Timmies !!

Pig70

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsPoster Child
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: G Fid G Fid
    Silver tag is up. Send a FR to 'AA BF3' if you'd like in on the action.