Page 4 of 174 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo: Reach - Challenges

Prestige 1 Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildTagger Second Class
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sensfaninoh sensfaninoh
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    I have this radical approach to campaign encounters, involving shooting them in the face from a very, very long way away. Catch wasn't a problem, since the few grenades that did make it as far as me had a very, very long hangtime (and were therefore easily avoided)
    My trouble was with 3 Gold Elites - all probably within close-quarters to mid-range. They were all fully shielded, and my experience has been shoving bullets in their head at close range or even sometimes mid-range just peeves them off more and they charge in and take you down with a one-hit smack upside the head unless you remember your armour abilities and can fly away, evade, armour lock or just plain run like a coward!

So I went another route, since I was without a Plasma Pistol to strip their shields - toss a Plasma Grenade. One Elite tried to move as he saw me and I still tagged his ankle -- he lived and I never saw his shields drop either. A second came to his aide, so I tagged him right on his Concussion Rifle -- same result as with the first Elite. Then a third reared his ugly mug and I tattooed it with a Plasma to the face -- again same result (yes I had a Plasma at my feet and grabbed it after tossing the first)! Then all three just destroyed me because I was empty of grenades and only armed with a Sniper and a Pistol. Not exactly an encounter I was going to live through

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sk17z0 Sk17z0
    PSN ID: N4M3Z47 N4M3Z47
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan View Post
    Okay that's two people now who have gotten Be Vigilant pretty easily doing it solo. How about this, Jedi -- I'll help you (and myself) and whomever else wants to join us for the weekly challenge and when things start to break up I'll take 10+ minutes and cruise through the Be Vigilant daily challenge. Just not up for Matchmaking stuff quite yet, so unless it's an easy cR challenge I'll be skipping those until I get more used to the game as a whole. I keep hoping for an all-Matchmaking daily challenge so I can finally get the campaign done :LOL:
    I might be on later but right now Im pretty tired so Im not sure but Ill see who's on. Sens you are on my FL right?

Her name is Noelle and she was born on 12/30/10 at 2:10pm. She weighed 8p 13.5oz and was 20in long.
    The Co-Op Syndicate (TCS)
    Im enjoying my new Tmobile G2.
    Im enjoying my white Ipad 2.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberTagger Second ClassPoster ChildVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pezyo pezyo
    PSN ID: pezyo pezyo
    Just read in another forum that you can get Be Vigilant in about 3 minutes on New Alexandria. Turn on at least 6 skulls and you can do it on Normal. Shoot banshees/phantoms until you get 10k.

Prestige 1 Achievements:
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 1million View Post
    I might be on later but right now Im pretty tired so Im not sure but Ill see who's on. Sens you are on my FL right?
    If you weren't on mine, you will be once you accept my invite Better to be safe than sorry I always say. I know for sure Jedi and I will be kicking Covie backside around our usual 8:30-8:45pm ET start time, unless Jedi gets in there sooner and gets his Be Vigilant done before I get a bottle, burp & bedtime for my youngest.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsPoster Child
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: G Fid G Fid
    I finished Be Vigilant on "The Package". Iron, Cloud, Famine on Heroic. Once you get past the initial encounter (a ghost, two shades, some grunts, and a Baconator) you get a very tasty Scorpion. I hit 10k just after destroying the two AA guns.

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JediChric JediChric
    PSN ID: JediChric JediChric
    Sens, have you gotten to level 8? If not, I'm going to try and get the Be Vigilant on that level, alone. I don't want you playing a level that you haven't seen yet. Don't want to spoil anything for you.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sk17z0 Sk17z0
    PSN ID: N4M3Z47 N4M3Z47
    If you weren't on mine, you will be once you accept my invite Better to be safe than sorry I always say. I know for sure Jedi and I will be kicking Covie backside around our usual 8:30-8:45pm ET start time, unless Jedi gets in there sooner and gets his Be Vigilant done before I get a bottle, burp & bedtime for my youngest.
    OK. Your on my list. Jedi and Evil I accepted your requests.

Her name is Noelle and she was born on 12/30/10 at 2:10pm. She weighed 8p 13.5oz and was 20in long.
    The Co-Op Syndicate (TCS)
    Im enjoying my new Tmobile G2.
    Im enjoying my white Ipad 2.

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by 1million View Post
    OK. Your on my list. Jedi and Evil I accepted your requests.
    I have a new friend! YAY!

Prestige 1 Achievements:
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JediChric View Post
    Sens, have you gotten to level 8? If not, I'm going to try and get the Be Vigilant on that level, alone. I don't want you playing a level that you haven't seen yet. Don't want to spoil anything for you.
    I am up to Exodus where Noble Six meets up with the ODST troopers. But I read about New Alexandria and what happens ... makes me really NOT like the storyline for this game. But we all knew how it ended ... Reach is glassed and most everyone dies. But it was nice to read how they put Buck in the game plus used some of the ODST music!

Yea go ahead and run it solo, by all means. I'll either tackle ONI: Sword Base or another mission solo for the Be Vigilant after you and I are done with as much Firefight as we can do in an evening. Hopefully we can gather up 2 Geezers tonight for the FF festivities. Last night's ending on Holdout with getting booted still has me seeing red and wanting to beat a trash can

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yea go ahead and run it solo, by all means. I'll either tackle ONI: Sword Base or another mission solo for the Be Vigilant after you and I are done with as much Firefight as we can do in an evening. Hopefully we can gather up 2 Geezers tonight for the FF festivities. Last night's ending on Holdout with getting booted still has me seeing red and wanting to beat a trash can
    Cool, I'll do that. Getting booted like that...wow. I would have .