Thread: Doctor Who (BBC)

Site Gra-Fixer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupOverdriveCreated Blog entryFlagship Member
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ckwendel ckwendel

Doctor Who (BBC)

note, I can't believe we don't already have a thread started about Dr. Who.

Great show(even if it's made by the British). If you haven't done so check it out. Netflix streaming has seasons 1 threw 5, and season 6 just ended this past year.

Personally I didn't like the first season as I didn't like the actor who was playing the doctor. Seasons 2 through 4 I loved the actor who plays the doctor but I didn't really enjoy the companions that he traveled with. Season 5 I loved the actors playing the doctor and his companions, same with season 6.

From what I have been able to find on the next season of dr. who, It looks like there will be an Easter special, and than season 7 will start in the fall with a break, than a Christmas special, and than the rest of season 7 finishing in 2013 followed right away with season 8 in 2013. (link)[spoiler free]

speculation on season 7. If this websites info is correct they are reporting that the next season of dr. who is going to be a sad season.

Anyways, discuss away and lets try to keep the thread clean of spoilers if possible for those who may have just found the wonderful doctor.
    "This is not the Signature you are looking for." - Some idiot with too much time on his hands.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster Child5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: StratyMcStrat StratyMcStrat Steam ID: GeePers
    There used to be this thread which was more of a poll... http://www.geezergamers.com/showthre...372-Doctor-Who

Benevolent Dictator
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassPoster ChildVeteran
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CyberKnight CyberKnight
    Steam ID: cyberknight1
    I agree with you on Season 1. Season 4 was the first one to hit Netflix, so my first Doctor was David Tennant. When the rest of the (new) series hit Netflix, watching Season 1 almost felt like a chore. Really didn't like Eccleston, and really, really didn't like the romance thing between the Doctor and Rose. I thought Donna Noble was a great companion for him, seeing how she was more than a little neurotic, but I can see why a lot of people didn't like her much. I think Martha Jones is my favorite -- she's smart as a whip, and the Doctor didn't have to spend half the show trying to explain things to her. I don't mind Pond much (very easy on the eyes, that one), but I had a hard time clicking with her. Matt Smith is good, but I still (having only seen Season 5 so far) think Tennant was better.

In waiting for Season 6 to wrap up and make it to Netflix, I tried getting my Doctor Who universe fix by watching Torchwood (a spinoff of Season 2's story arc). I wouldn't recommend it.

Rest Home Warrior
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FyreAngel26 FyreAngel26
    Dr. Who is fantastic!! & I really enjoyed Torchwood too.

Site Gra-Fixer
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupOverdriveCreated Blog entryFlagship Member
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Doctor Who Trailers for this next season.
    If your not up to the series 7 don't watch, or if you don't want any hints for the new episodes don't watch.

"This is not the Signature you are looking for." - Some idiot with too much time on his hands.

Rest Home Warrior
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FyreAngel26 FyreAngel26
    Cool! Thanks for sharing Wendel!

Geezer Deal Finder
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesPoster Child
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Maizrim Maizrim
    Quote Originally Posted by CKWendel View Post
    Great show(even if it's made by the British). If you haven't done so check it out.
    Huge fan myself and I would say that 90% of my favorite shows are British. (Brit shows rock!)

Staying away from spoilers but having a lot of fun with all of the BBCA Doctor Who specials the past few Saturday nights. (they're like "I Love the 80s" for Doctor Who)

Site Gra-Fixer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

September 1st for the start of the new season! Can't Wait!

So I've been re-watching the past episodes of Doctor Who over the past couple of weeks to get ready for the new season, from doctor 8 to the current one, on netflix. Season 4, the season with the companion dona, the first time around I mostly skipped as I couldn't stand Dona, but this time around I figured I'd watch these episodes even thou she bugs me.