Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MW3 - N00b Orientation

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship Member1 year registeredThree FriendsPoster Child10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Enteleki Enteleki
    Quote Originally Posted by Uklamok View Post
    I play using a wireless connection to my router so Usually I have a 3 bar connection at best. To compensate I'll usually run with these 3 perks Blind eye, assassin and dead silence. Blind eye will keep the kill streaks from targeting you. Assassin will keep you from showing up on the mini map. Dead silence will keep them from hearing your footsteps.
    You're right on about these perks for a wireless connection. These, the ACR and the Stinger are the items I spent prestige points on to have them available right from level one.

By the way Ukla, do you care to explain what you had to do to earn the achievement in Saint's Row that is represented by the icon in the lower right corner of your signature banner?

Elections are no longer a useful agent of change. Our politicians are
    corrupt because they are elected by a corrupt culture. Change the culture.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KandyKyss KandyKyss
    Quote Originally Posted by Enteleki View Post
    If there is anyone who wants a basic introduction to CoD:MW3 multiplayer, where you'll be given the chance to walk around, ask questions, talk basic strategy, try load-outs, and kill a willing Geezer or two please post here or send me a personal message. I will do my best to give you an opportunity to enjoy the game.
    Fantastic idea, Enteleki!! I'm quite addicted to this game as well, no matter how poorly I play. I've had some great tips along the way and do better in some gametypes than others. Especially in Drop Zone. Works real well if you have a full Geezer team all willing to run just about the same perks. You can't go wrong...going in alone can be a complete disaster!

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Flagship Member1 year registeredThree FriendsPoster Child10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKyss View Post
    I'm quite addicted to this game as well, no matter how poorly I play.
    If you play poorly, then there is no concept low enough to describe my level of play.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

If you play poorly, then there is no concept low enough to describe my level of play.
    Oh come on...MW2 I used to have a lot of fun with those akimbos always targeted on you...but MW3? Give yourself some credit!! I think you do great!!

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKyss View Post
    Oh come on...MW2 I used to have a lot of fun with those akimbos always targeted on you...but MW3? Give yourself some credit!! I think you do great!!
    I have my moments.

Still pulling virtual buckshot out of my virtual ass.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RePeteCoyote RePeteCoyote
    Nice thread - lots of good advice and I like your CoD Zen, Enteleki. Om...

Personally, I've found that my shooter schooling evolved its emphasis over time. I did a TON of research online for tips, strategies, and background before I started playing Gears and MW2 (I loved Halo but stayed out of multiplayer because it just didn't fit me). I tend to do way too much prep research, which is why I'm generally not allowed to cook.

However, the biggest boost to both my enjoyment and skill level came from actually running with a group of other Geezers as a team versus Timmies. Big rooms filled with only Geezers were a blast, but that didn't happen often. Listening to BadDad, Kandy, Rhastus, and others helped a lot, especially when they advised me to avoid common beginner mistakes.

But as I played more, I found I was now able to put all that other online research into better context and that helped some more. And now I think I've reached the point where it's mostly a matter of practice. I now know a lot of my bad habits, and I'm working on fixing them. I now know what guns fit my strengths and I mostly stick to them.

It sounds sappy, but THIS place and YOU Geezers are the reason I enjoy multiplayer games online - even when I'm on my own in a room full of Timmies.
    *sniff*
    I love you guys.

Prestige 1
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RePeteCoyote View Post
    However, the biggest boost to both my enjoyment and skill level came from actually running with a group of other Geezers as a team versus Timmies. Big rooms filled with only Geezers were a blast, but that didn't happen often. Listening to BadDad, Kandy, Rhastus, and others helped a lot, especially when they advised me to avoid common beginner mistakes.
    Awe, shux...you're the shweetest!! I still love getting tips from Geezers that really get into this game and do really well. It's helped me tremendously. I do tend to stick to my comfort weaponery/killstreaks...don't have the giblets to try new weapons as it usually fails me. Kind of like prestiging with this title... Now in BlOps, I was all over the prestige mode!

Quote Originally Posted by RePeteCoyote
    It sounds sappy, but THIS place and YOU Geezers are the reason I enjoy multiplayer games online - even when I'm on my own in a room full of Timmies.
    *sniff*
    I love you guys.
    Too much mush...too much mush!!!

Geezer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship Member1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ukla The Mok Ukla The Mok
    By the way Ukla, do you care to explain what you had to do to earn the achievement in Saint's Row that is represented by the icon in the lower right corner of your signature banner?
    It is a story line quest where you storm a a cargo ship to "free" some street walkers from a rival gang. It is not exactly heroic in that you can either put em back on the street earning money for you or you can sell em back to the guys that were holding them captive.

The Acr is definitely my go to assault rifle. In black ops I favored burst fire rifles but that doesn't work as well in MW3

Also flash bangs are much better than concussion grenades in this and a trophy system is your friend in objective games.
    @uklamok

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points

Level
    Side note: IW and MW3 have released multiple statements essentially saying that the kill cam is NOT "accurate." It is simply there so you can see the location/way that you died. So don't get too caught up in the "I shot him 4000 times and the camera didn't even show it." I learned this the hard way, but it relieves a lot of frustration when you accept it!!

IMHO, I would run concussion grenades over emp or flash bang. If anyone is looking to learn the ropes, or just needs a group you can always shoot me an invite/message!

Senior Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesPoster ChildTagger First Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MidnightGhostGF MidnightGhostGF
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneedragger636 View Post
    Side note: IW and MW3 have released multiple statements essentially saying that the kill cam is NOT "accurate." It is simply there so you can see the location/way that you died. So don't get too caught up in the "I shot him 4000 times and the camera didn't even show it." I learned this the hard way, but it relieves a lot of frustration when you accept it!!

IMHO, I would run concussion grenades over emp or flash bang. If anyone is looking to learn the ropes, or just needs a group you can always shoot me an invite/message!
    Spot on advice from Timmy on running the concussion grenades.

Just to pile onto his other statement, the killcam is basically worthless. Unless I really want to see where someone is I never ever watch it. As soon as I die I'm mashing the X button to respawn and skip through the killcam. All watching the killcam does is make you angry and as Timmy said, it's not a 100% representation of what happened.

ETA: Oh, and watch out for Timmy offering to teach you the ropes, you never know what that might actually mean......