Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberThree Friends1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level

February Matchmaking Playlist Update

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines...etin-2112.aspx

effective 2/7

• Grifball updated.

Map changes include Radiant being removed and Impact Arena (Grifball) and Sierra Vista (Grifball Dash) being added. One additional change to this playlist is that Blargball variants will now appear in voting slot three only. Semi-related, to vote for that choice, you must say “wort wort wort” into your mic while simultaneously selecting that option. Please note that saying “wart wart wart” will render your selection null and void.

• Squad DLC updated.

Squad DLC’s population is dangerously low. To breathe some life into this list, we’re making a few changes. Anniversary maps have been set to optional, and Noble and Defiant maps continue to be required. We have also heard your concerns in regard to a few achievement-friendly game types still being difficult to find. In response to that, we’ve added the following objective game types to voting slot three:

Multiflag on Highlands, 1 Flag on Highlands, 1 Flag on Condemned, Invasion on Breakpoint, Crazy King in Breakpoint, 1 Flag on Breakpoint, 1 Flag on Tempest, Multiflag on Tempest, Crazy King on Tempest, Neutral Bomb on Tempest, Multiflag on Condemned, Crazy King on Condemned, Crazy King on High Noon, 1 Flag on High Noon, Crazy King on Breakneck, 1 Flag on Breakneck, Stockpile on Ridgeline, Neutral Bomb on Ridgeline, and Crazy King on Ridgeline.

• Rumble Pit updated to TU settings.

TU game types are our standard Reach Matchmaking settings with the Title Update changes. Those changes are: damage bleed enabled, modified reticle bloom, sword block removed, Armor Lock modified, and Active Camo modified.

• Infection updated.

Map changes include Sword Base being removed and The Cage replacing Uncaged. Also, we’ve noticed some feedback coming from both matchmaking and internal playtests about players getting betrayed by teammates at the beginning of games. Since that sometimes results in a less advantageous respawn position, we’ve removed friendly fire in an attempt to cut down on that particular form of griefing.

P.S. One final effort is all that remaaaaaaains, so please, dear players, just focus on the braaaaaains.

• Banshee replaced with Revenant on Breakneck.

The classic Gauss ’Hog vs. Banshee battle on Headlong will continue. We bid adieu to the flying purple thing on Breakneck, though, and welcome its hovering brethren in its place!

• Rocket ’Hog Race weighting reduced in Multi Team.

I think this game type should be renamed “Spawn in the Passenger Seat Every -Yoinking- Time.” That has absolutely nothing to do with the reweighting, by the way. I just don’t want the impending name change to take you by surprise.

• Zero Bloom moved to Competitive category, and Beta category hidden.

Zero Bloom Slayer is popular enough to be moved to the Competitive category. We’re working on what will be in the Beta category next, but it needs a little more time to marinate in order to reach its maximum important status. Keep an eye out for its return in the near future.

• Classic game types removed from Anniversary Squad, and One Bomb Damnation moved to Anniversary Classic.

Classic game types are being removed from Anniversary Squad, and One Bomb Damnation is moving to Anniversary Classic. What? I already said that? Fine then. Moving on.

• Team Slayer changes. Make your voice heard!

We are in the process of deciding if the Team Slayer playlist will be updated to TU settings. This continues to be one of the most popular playlists, so we are not taking this decision lightly. In an effort to get player feedback that's as accurate as possible, we are going to pull voting data over a two-week period.

To do that, we’re removing one of the voting choices. That will leave you with one vanilla choice and one TU choice. We realize that ties default to the highest voting option, so in order to balance the results, vanilla will be the top selection for the first week, and TU will be the top selection for the second week. Once the results are in, we’ll analyze the data and make an informed decision.

So, participate in the Team Slayer playlist starting on February 7, and make your voice heard! Because the other option, of course, is forever holding your peace….

• Team Hotshot added to Action Sack.

Geezer
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: aze king sd aze king sd
    A great update in my opinion! I have been loving the TU settings in Squad Slayer and Arena lately but wishing it would go to TS to get more map selection. I really hope it gets voted to stay in TS. And FFA was my favorite in Halo 3 but I don't play as much in Reach due to frustration - so adding the TU to Rumble Pit is awesome. I've played some Rumble Pit recently and going back to vanilla reach is just not fun for me.

No arena changes, but I'm not sure 343 will ever support it. Arena ranks still don't show up on waypoint so once Bungie stops tracking stats, it will only show up in game...burried under 3 or 4 menu selections.

Rest Home Warrior
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree Friends1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GravHammerman GravHammerman
    PSN ID: GravHammerman GravHammerman
    I myself, prefer vanilla, but obviously I am in the minority. I had a feeling this would happen when they first advertised "Anniversary TU". Leaving only one playlist as Vanilla is dumb IMO. Might as well just give Bungie the middle finger now and change Team Slayer too. At least that way it won't be so confusing to everyone.
    I guess they don't want GravHammerman to get any more Perfections with the Banshee. They already took it away on BreakPoint.., Now BreakNeck. BOOoooo!
    Reach needs more Heavy variants on BTB like Halo 3 had.
    And bring back CliffHanger!!!

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship MemberThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Callsign Mike Callsign Mike
    I'm with Grav on bringing back Cliffhanger! Then again, I sort of liked Atom and most people despised it....
    I noticed 343 is already signaling doom for the DLC play list. Can't remember being in that list with more than 1,200 people on. Too bad, but I bet it gets another month before being redacted as I don't expect the tweak they are making to save the day.
    I'm intrigued by Team Hotshot in Action Sack. Sounds like it could be fun.

Geezer
    Achievements:

Level
    Gamer IDs

I know it would never happen but it would really be awesome if all the DLC was free (at least noble/defiant) so the maps could show up in the normal playlists.

Geezer
    Achievements:

Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GravHammerman View Post
    I myself, prefer vanilla, but obviously I am in the minority. I had a feeling this would happen when they first advertised "Anniversary TU". Leaving only one playlist as Vanilla is dumb IMO. Might as well just give Bungie the middle finger now and change Team Slayer too. At least that way it won't be so confusing to everyone.
    I guess they don't want GravHammerman to get any more Perfections with the Banshee. They already took it away on BreakPoint.., Now BreakNeck. BOOoooo!
    Reach needs more Heavy variants on BTB like Halo 3 had.
    While I prefer TU, it does seem ridiculous that they can't keep a vanilla playlist for those that prefer it. I'm not sure it's a slam dunk that it will change to TU as the population in TS is so much higher than all the TU playlists...guess it depends on whether it is higher because people prefer it or because people just pick it as it's the first playlist listed and it has the name "Team Slayer". I did take a look at Squad Slayer's maps in the playlist info and there are 15 maps but I only get to play on 8 because nobody owns the DLC! That is a big difference! It's really too bad the maps didn't sell better.

And I agree about Cliffhanger....at least bring it back in Rumble Pit? Always liked it.....any map with grenade launchers is okay in my book.

Wheelchair Warrior
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by aze_king_SD View Post
    A great update in my opinion! I have been loving the TU settings in Squad Slayer and Arena lately but wishing it would go to TS to get more map selection. I really hope it gets voted to stay in TS. And FFA was my favorite in Halo 3 but I don't play as much in Reach due to frustration - so adding the TU to Rumble Pit is awesome. I've played some Rumble Pit recently and going back to vanilla reach is just not fun for me.
    I too love the TU settings and hope they are implemented in TS. I tend to go to Anniversary Squad for 4 v 4, but the population is really low in that playlist. Late night / early morning Arena is tough to find a game. I have spent more time in the Arena searching for a game then actually playing.

They should maintain a vanilla playlist entitled, "Vanilla". 4 v 4 slayer with a side of objective.

I'm not completely against the banshee, but it needs to be nerfed. Not being able to move out of spawn, or having to maintain cover for an entire BTB match on Paradiso/Utopie and Spire just isn't fun. There are pilots which are too good, and just one person in a vehicle should not be able to dominate an entire match.

I was actually surprised that the Banshee was removed from Breakneck. The lack of space for the Banshee to move around does help to balance the Banshee.

YES! A great 4 v 4 / FFA map.

Quote Originally Posted by Horathgar72 View Post
    Can't remember being in that list with more than 1,200 people on. Too bad, but I bet it gets another month before being redacted as I don't expect the tweak they are making to save the day..
    I haven't seen it above 300 in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by aze_king_SD View Post
    I did take a look at Squad Slayer's maps in the playlist info and there are 15 maps but I only get to play on 8 because nobody owns the DLC! That is a big difference! It's really too bad the maps didn't sell better.
    Squad Slayer always seems to be a rotation of Countdown, Powerhouse, Asylum, Uncaged, and Boardwalk...Boring!

Asylum needs to be replaced by a truer to Halo 2 version of Sanctuary.

Wheelchair Warrior
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Level
    The Halo Bulletin was updated yesterday.

Since publishing yesterday’s Bulletin, we’ve seen a lot of spirited conversation within the Halo community on a variety of topics. In response to one of those topics, we would like to clarify some of the confusion around the upcoming Team Slayer matchmaking vote.

We want to make it clear there will always be a way for you to experience Halo: Reach multiplayer with the original, non-TU settings in matchmaking. As we move forward, we’re constantly looking at ways to consolidate and update multiplayer. In fact, we’re still looking at ways of refining the Title Update player experience in Reach.

Old-Timer
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LegendcalledJim LegendcalledJim
    I really like the TU too. Team Slayer would be awsome with the TU, its already the best playlist.