Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with MW3

Old-Timer
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vinceKahn vinceKahn

Frustrated with MW3

Hey fellow DTHers,
    MW3 has become unplayable for me and was wondering what the consensus of the group is? For me this started with BO, I quit playing that game well before MW3 came out. MW3 wasn't terrible when it first came out but has steadily gone done hill. I got the chance to play last Saturday and quit just about every game. I looked for other DTH members to play with but to my surprise no one was around, or maybe just hiding. So, I was wondering have you guys had enough or did I just hit a weird non-gaming weekend?

-vinceKahn

Sugar Daddy
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: docRPMDDS docRPMDDS
    I have to admit that my experience is totally opposite yours, Vince. Black Ops was the start of playable CoD - MW1 and 2 completely owned me on a too-regular basis. BLOps was the beginning of tOlerable lag compensation (not fair to some, but needed with my connection) as well as a better opportunity for class balances against Timmy reflexes. MW3 continued this, and added more game types which are a great break from Dom and TDM. Basically I get frustrated much much less now than I used to.
    Doc

DTH - Recruitment and Orientation Officer
    No power can be abused long, mankind will not bear it...

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildTagger Second Class
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sven XC Sven XC
    If I was to rank them in the terms of playability my list would be as follows:

1. COD4
    2. MW3
    3. Black Ops
    4. MW2
    5. World at War

COD4 is heads above the rest, it had it all, near perfect lobby system, excellent Hardcore Mode, maps you could easily lockdown, and my connection agreed the most with it. MW3 has had it's ups and downs, espcially when it comes to lag compensation, but I have found the last couple of weeks to be some of the better updates and I am playing closer to where I believe my skill level should be. I don't plan on stop playing MW3 until September 18th (Borderlands 2), but I know there are high levels of frustration out there for other players.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points

Level
    I've heard and read a lot about the lag compensation and all the issues surrounding that, but while I do get the occasionally lag, I can honestly say it's never been a big deal for me in MW3. I really like this game...been having a blast playing it. I haven't been on nearly as much due to work and trying to get my fat backside slimmed down, but I am still on quite a bit.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster Child1000 Experience Points
    Level
    My enjoyment of MW3 is directly affected by whether I play solo or with a team of Geezers. Playing solo, I rarely notice lag issues and I have some pretty good games, K/D wise. But I place a premium on winning and playing with randoms frustrates me, especially with objective games. If I play solo I seem to lose interest after 3 or 4 games even if i'm in a killin' groove, while playing with Geezers, my game can be teh suck, but I can go for several hours....the ability to communicate and socialize with you all is a large part of the enjoyment I get from CoD.

Vince, maybe you just need to avoid solo play and join up with Geezers more.....that being said, I too have noticed a drop off of eligible Geezers playing on any given night the past couple weeks. Maybe some MW3 burnout is happening out there....

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points

Level
    Gerry, I have noticed that also...when I run solo my numbers are waaaaay better and the lag tends to be pretty much non-existant. However, even if I play with just 1-2 others it is harder to find games and while I don't know if it lags more...there's certainly more bitchin about it!! I kid, I kid...it does lag more with more people in a party.

Senior Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of Law
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: klyde99 klyde99
    I think someone snuck a hidden camera into Vince's house during one of his rage quits. Here's the footage (FYI - it may be disturbing to some):

Joint Chief for DTH
    освобождай яблоку

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship Member3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x SKEPTIC x x SKEPTIC x
    As this is my first multiplayer, I don't have the experience you guys have in order to compare, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I'm not a very good player, so for me the enjoyment has only really come from playing with a team. When things get laggy, I just remember that everyone else is experiencing the same things during their own gaming from time to time. I do really enjoy some of the objective games, and I love to get a win, but for me that's secondary to just enjoying some game time with friends.

Sometimes I feel your frustration when a string of games just feel off, but usually we drop that room after the initial game or two. However, I'm a heel-digger, so when the going gets tough, I like to try to win despite the disadvantages.

By the way, feel free to add me to your friends list. I've been playing pretty frequently as of late. I guess I'm still in the honeymoon stages for MW3

x SKEPTIC x

Sugar Daddy
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: docRPMDDS docRPMDDS
    Quote Originally Posted by xSKEPTICx View Post
    By the way, feel free to add me to your friends list. I've been playing pretty frequently as of late. I guess I'm still in the honeymoon stages for MW3

x SKEPTIC x
    Skeptic, when you get a chance, can you update your GG profile and add your XBL gamertag? It'll be easier to add to friend list that way.

Moochos gassyass!
    Doc

DTH - Recruitment and Orientation Officer
    No power can be abused long, mankind will not bear it...

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildVeteran
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: serenityman serenityman
    It's definitely frustrating at times for me but doesn't come close to being as bad as black ops. I had many rage quits like Klyde's video and eventually traded in Black Ops. I think I got about $25 for it and felt like I was scamming them.