Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with MW3

Old-Timer
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vinceKahn vinceKahn
    With BO my best games were solo. With MW3 my lag is consistent solo or teamed up. I prefer playing teamed up, I always prefer the win over K/D. I'll be looking for you guys next week, the wife and kids are out of town for spring break, man I miss the bachelor life.

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points

Level
    Sweet!! We'll be looking for you!!

Rest Home Warrior
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster Child1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Shug1968 Shug1968
    My frustration with MW3 basically killed my entire desire to game almost. I went from playing COD4/MW2/BO/ almost daily to playing MW3 maybe twice in 2012... The 2 times I did play it was more to connect with friends. It might be more me than the game, I dont know, but my consistency is total shit. My KD ratio is half what it was in other CODs. The frustrations have far outweighed the fun. Thats what I get for buying the Hardened edition. I think I logged into Elite once, I cant remember...

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildTagger Second Class
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BronxBullies BronxBullies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug1968 View Post
    My frustration with MW3 basically killed my entire desire to game almost. I went from playing COD4/MW2/BO/ almost daily to playing MW3 maybe twice in 2012... The 2 times I did play it was more to connect with friends. It might be more me than the game, I dont know, but my consistency is total shit. My KD ratio is half what it was in other CODs. The frustrations have far outweighed the fun. Thats what I get for buying the Hardened edition. I think I logged into Elite once, I cant remember...

SHug you need to unlock C4 and run around blowing up timmies to put a smile on your face knowing they are cursing you ten fold

"When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it - Dalai Lama XIV.

Posting is my hobby
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberCreated Blog entryYour first Group1 year registeredTagger Second Class

Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GrnMtnDragon GrnMtnDragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug1968 View Post
    My frustration with MW3 basically killed my entire desire to game almost.
    Two words ... Borderlands 2.

While I don't curse MW3 as much as Shug does, I think I'm beginning to see the handwriting on the wall. I've played nothing except Skyrim for more than a week now and the only thing I'm missing is the people I used to play MW3 with. The game itself isn't calling to me anymore and is now pretty much just a venue to game with friends. It could be Poker or Blur or CoD4 at this point, so I'm hoping that a lot of DTH'ers will get B2 and we can have some epic coop evenings that I missed with the first one because I didn't get the game until later.

That said, B2's release is a looooonnnggg way off but I haven't seen anything else on the gaming radar to look forward to.

Veteran Poster
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Wrightfellow Wrightfellow
    Wow, I was going to make a thread about this and here we are. Some people are clearly feeling the same thing as me. I think my experience went downhill once the parties started going away. I don't really see anyone online anymore. And I've gone back to playing Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 (which has some fun multiplayer, btw).

So yeah, I think I'm going to trade the game in. Even though I have elite and several more maps to play, it's all become an enormous ripoff. The elite lobbies have 10k people, at most, and it's the only place to enjoy the maps that apparently no one else has bought.

The irony, of course, is that I'm really starting to develop some skills. I can easily go 2:1 K/D in public lobbies and I've gone from .88 to 1.6 in my overall. But it doesn't matter. Without DTH buddies, it gets old fast. Yeah, I think I'm done with it.

I shouldn't complain, though. I got a 100+ hours of gametime, three prestiges, some new friends here at DTH, and a lot of fun while it lasted.

But hey, here's a question: if/when I trade this game in, it will be the first time I return a game that I never--NEVER--even touched the campaign. Anyone else avoided the campaign, too?

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildTagger Second Class
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sulcatan Sulcatan
    Any reason why you avoided the campaign? Just asking, because I thought it was pretty sweet.

Read about it here: http://www.geezergamers.com/showthre...dern-Warfare-3

DTH Officer - Retired.

Senior Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Master TaggerArm of Law
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: klyde99 klyde99
    And the maps are out for the general public as of today, so the number of folks playing it will increase.

Joint Chief for DTH
    освобождай яблоку

Super Flash City Planner
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassPoster Child
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: McJeepers McJeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrightfellow View Post

But hey, here's a question: if/when I trade this game in, it will be the first time I return a game that I never--NEVER--even touched the campaign. Anyone else avoided the campaign, too?
    Nope, haven't touched it either. Difference is, I have a group of people that I hang with on the regular, which makes a game that I don't usually play at all enjoyable for me. Try to put a group together that plays on the regular and see if your opinion changes. Easiest way is to start here and post a
    "I'm playing regularly on DAY and TIME" and see who bites, and maybe you'll find that group you need.

Wheelchair Warrior
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Carpe Beerem Carpe Beerem
    This sounds like me a few months ago. COD was getting to the point that I was p#ssed off more than I was enjoying it. If I played solo I was fine, very good KD and no lag. As soon as I tried to group with friends, which is the main reason I play, my games would go straight down the crapper. I ended up hanging the game up and getting BF2. I was worried about not having people to play with but found some more Geezers on this game. Now I go crazy playing BF solo (you really need a good team) and really having fun with friends again which works great for me. I will say I do missed some of you miscreants though Wish you guys would wise up and buy BF Let me know if you do, it is really a great game.