Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Medal of Honor - Warfighter

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CuttyCantHang CuttyCantHang
    I haven't had a chance to try this yet. When does the BETA end?

As for the mentioned poor hit detection, that goes for the last...hmm I don't know...3 or 4 COD games. One of my main gripes with that franchise other than it always being extremely redundant.

Say 7up!

Senior Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Blickey Blickey
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackEmYakEm View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try this yet. When does the BETA end?

As for the mentioned poor hit detection, that goes for the last...hmm I don't know...3 or 4 COD games. One of my main gripes with that franchise other than it always being extremely redundant.
    I think it ends on the 15th. In regards to the hit detection, I can't honestly say that I can ever tell if it is there or not. Even though it seems like it may be off sometimes, I usually find out that I am not firing the weapon in the most efficient way(ie short burst).

Kaz,

You are right about taking more time to get a good impression. I wanted to get my initial thoughts down and come back to it. Some of my specific thoughts I mentioned have changed. For example, the glow of the fire teams and enemies don't nearly bother me as much as they did. I give the devs credit from trying something new. I have also gotten more accustomed to the map so the darkness isn't as much of an issue. I still say the menu sucks. I also am seeing a bug where I customize my soldiers in the menu and it goes back to my default guy when the match starts. I am sure they will fix that.

Posting is my hobby
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberYour first GroupCreated Blog entryOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterPosting AwardDiscussion EnderCalendar Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KAZUY4 KAZUY4
    Yeah, the hit detection seems to be out sometimes. There some games when I feel like a deathmachine, some others that I feel like I'm spending full clips on enemies and nothing goes down.

Here is a quick review of the beta that I did.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/tJiolnVl1L4

Visit my Game Channel on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/TheGameHuntah
    Follow me on Twitter @Geezers_in_Arms

Senior Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Here is some good info posted on Battlelog. At the bottom, they address some questions about the beta and what they are doing or have done to remedy some issues.

http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/mo...4786332843008/

Systems Operation and Settings:

Q. How do I create or join a party?
    A. From the main menu, press the back button and select “Open Party”. Select the empty slot next to your name and press A then select “Invite Friend”. This will bring up your friends list in which you will select who you wish to invite and then press A twice more and youre done!
    Q. Me and my Fireteam buddy keep getting separated and put on opposite teams, why?
    A. Did you remember to lock your positions? Head to the main menu and press the back button bringing up the party menu. From the party menu select “Lock My Slot” at the bottom. This will lock your slot, remember to tell your Fireteam buddy to lock his as well. Once your slots are locked you should be with your Fireteam buddy at all times, even during server balance!
    Q. I play left handed or reversed, how can I change my controller settings?
    A. From the main menu, select the “Options” tab. From here you want to head down to the Controller settings. Select “Controller Setup” and press A. From there select the “Southpaw” configuration and press A.
    Q. I play inverted, how can I change my controller settings?
    A. From the main menu, select the “Options” tab. From here you want to head down to the “Controller” settings. Next use the D-pad to select “Vertical Look” and press A once. Press B twice and youre all set to go!
    Q. I’m a colorblind Soldier, is there a colorblind setting?
    A. Of course there is! Head over to the “Options” tab from the main menu and head down to the Video settings. From here select “HUD Color Blind Mode” and press A to enable it. Press B twice and youre all set to go!
    Q. I’m having a slight problem getting on-target, is there aim assist?
    A. There sure is. It is enabled by default, but if you some how disabled it by accident heres how to toggle it back on: Head to the “Options” tab from the main menu and select “Game” settings. From here select “Aim Assist” and press A to re-enable it (if disabled). Press B twice and youre all set to go!
    Q. My friend just pulled a wicked kill streak last game, is there anything I can do to show that I liked it?
    A. Absolutely! Press the back button in the main menu to open up the Battlelog social hub. From here use the analog stick or D-pad to select “Battle Feed”. Find the action in which you wish to Salute and press A. Press A again with Salute selected and youre all set! Remember to check more after action reports on www.battlelog.medalofhonor.com/mohw/
    Q. How do I use my Warfighter Tokens?
    A. Head over to www.battlelog.medalofhonor.com/mohw/ and log in. Select the “Nations” tab at the top and select which country you will represent. Spend your tokens accordingly. Youre all set Soldier!
    Q. What do Warfighter Tokens do?
    A. If you apply tokens every day you will gain an XP Multiplier, make sure to visit every day and apply your tokens to continue getting the extra bounty!
    Soldier Operation and Settings:

Q. I dont know how to change my nationality, how can I switch to a different nationality?
    A. From the “My Soldier” screen select “Change Unit / Nationality” with the analog stick or the D-pad.and press A. From here select the flag of the nationality you wish to represent (pending you have it unlocked). Press A and then press A again to “Confirm Unit Selection”.
    Q. I am an American Soldier, and I only wish to play as American. Is there an easy way to apply my nationality to all classes?
    A. Absolutely! From the “My Soldier” screen select “Change Unit / Nationality” with the analog stick or the D-pad and press A. From here select the flag of the nationality you wish to represent (in this case American). Press A and then select “Apply to All” and press A again. Youre all set to go Soldier!
    Q. I just unlocked a new gun and I wish to try it out. How do I switch weapons?
    A. From the “My Soldier” screen select “Change Weapon” (Shortcut “My Gun”). This will bring up your currently selected weapon. By using the D-pad or analog stick select “Change Weapon” and press A. This will bring up all of the weapons you currently have unlocked. Select with the analog stick or D-pad again to the gun in which you wish to select and press A. You should see a visual confirmation of the newly selected weapon swapping out. Remember to change your optics and other settings before you head out into the fray!
    Q. I just got an Offense or Defensive Support Action! How do I use it?
    A. Nice! Determine which you would like to use and use the left or right buttons on the D-pad accordingly. Some Offensive Support Actions require you to laze the target. Aim your target designator and press the fire button. Get to cover Soldier! Ordinance is coming down in 5!
    Q. Why does my character keep sliding forward when I am prone?
    A. This is a new system to prevent collision between the player and environment. No more shooting players feet through walls!
    Q. Im pretty high ranked, but I dont seem to be getting any unlocks. Why?
    A. During the Medal of Honor: Warfighter Multiplayer Open Beta, only the Assaulter class has full unlocks. The other classes are set to their defaults.
    Class Operation and Settings:

Q. I dont understand the differences between the different Classes. Can you explain them to me?
    A. Sure can! Below I will short list all of the Classes as well as their special abilities:

-Spec Ops: The Spec-Ops class is the eyes and ears of the battlefield. His silent footsteps and faster run speeds allows him to get the drop on the enemy quickly and effectively. His special ability Signal Scan allows him to briefly see enemy targets across the entire battlefield to coordinate an attack.

-Pointman: The Pointman class is the first man through the door. Armed with an assault rifle and a secondary shotgun he is prefect for breach and clear in many situations. His special ability is a clip of Heavy Hitter ammo which deals extra damage at the cost of additional recoil. Remember to fire in controlled bursts, Soldier!

-Demoltions (EOD): The Demolitions class is in charge of arming and disarming objectives. He can do this faster than any other class on the battlefield. His ability, Tank Stance, lets him absorb an extra amount of damage at the cost of run speed. Be careful and watch your back!

-Heavy Gunner: The Heavy Gunner class is in charge of laying down suppressive fire with his heavy machine gun. Using his bipod or Support Stance while prone he fire with increased accuracy at the cost of maneuverability and field of view.

-Sniper: The Sniper class is the intelligence Operator on the battlefield. Equipped with a variety of long range sniper rifles and a G18 for CQC he can take down targets at both extreme distances as well as short range. Using his bipod while prone he can spot enemies for his team at the cost of maneuverability and field of view.

-Assaulter: The Assaulter class is the meat of the operation. They are the core soldier in any Tier 1 unit. Equipped with an assault rifle they can take down enemies and clear buildings quickly and effectively. Armed with a 40MM grenade launcher as his class ability, he can bring the hurt on enemy emplacements.

Q. This guy, Just. Wont. Die!
    A. Are you sure he isnt the Demolitions (EOD) class? Demolitions (EOD) can use his Tank Stance ability to absorb extra damage. Try switching to Pointman and using his Heavy Hitters class ability to counter it!

Bugs/Feedback
    Q. The game menu is incredibly hard to navigate.
    A. We are listening to your feedback and we are streamlining both the in-game and front end menu navigation based on this. We are also decluttering the front-end and simplifying where and how we present menu options.

Q. Please fix spawning. I keep getting spawned close to an enemy.
    A. We have fine-tuned the spawn process and it will be deployed in a future fix.

Q. The red outline around enemies is far too long that it seems unfair.
    A. The duration of the red avenger outline will be reduced in a future fix. The red outline is not present in the Real Ops playlist.

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

No reviews and nobody got review copies until today. IGN says they won't have a review until Friday at the very least. Not a good sign.

Say 7up!

Senior Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SmackEmYakEm View Post
    No reviews and nobody got review copies until today. IGN says they won't have a review until Friday at the very least. Not a good sign.
    Yeah, It isn't a good sign. I am going to wait and see some feedback before I get it. I did enjoy the beta but as I have said numerous times, I just don't think it will have a large community for very long.

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

IGN actually has a video up explaining the delay in the review and actually mention it's not a good sign and a vast difference in graphics, presentation and gameplay between the SP and MP.

Say 7up!

Posting is my hobby
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberYour first GroupCreated Blog entryOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterPosting AwardDiscussion EnderCalendar Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KAZUY4 KAZUY4
    Battlefield 3 had the same "demo" delay. Not really concern about it, but I know that open the Pandora box to all kind of rumors.
    I'm waiting for my MOH copy from Amazon... can't wait!

Visit my Game Channel on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/TheGameHuntah
    Follow me on Twitter @Geezers_in_Arms

Senior Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KAZUYA View Post
    Battlefield 3 had the same "demo" delay. Not really concern about it, but I know that open the Pandora box to all kind of rumors.
    I'm waiting for my MOH copy from Amazon... can't wait!
    Did you go PC or Xbox? Looking forward to hearing what you think. Perhaps another video?

Senior Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Here is a list of the day 1 patches. Looks like they have made a lot of improvements from the beta.

From www.justpushstart.com

Medal of Honor Warfighter Gets Day 1 Patch; Details Unveiled

October 23, 2012 - Mark Fajardo - No Comments

Today marks the release of the much awaited Medal of Honor Warfighter and those who picked the game up, the moment you pop the game into your will console will give you a prompt to download a patch.
    As always, the day one patch will fix a multitude of problems both found on the single and multiplayer campaign. It’s highly recommend that you download this patch as it will give you a much smoother experience.
    Here are the lists of patch notes on both console versions and PC. Stay tuned later this week for our review of Medal of Honor Warfighter.
    New Features:
    •Now able to add friends and join parties while in-game.
    •Can invite others to your platoon or apply to join a platoon while in-game.

General Tweaks and Fixes
    Multiplayer Gameplay
    •Removed initial delay to Spec Ops Signal Scan charging.
    •Snipers in Recon stance will no longer be visible to enemy RQ7/RQ11 UAVs.
    •Increased the accuracy of server-side aiming prediction.
    •Fixed an issue with “Fall Back” spawning to improve its behavior.
    •Fixed spawn type changing to Buddy Spawn automatically when it is not supposed to.
    •Call in a Blackhawk for the losing team if they are getting dominated in Sector Control.

Single-Player Gameplay
    •Added tutorial text to first sniper encounter to help teach player about bullet drop.
    •Fixed an issue where the default difficulty was set to Easy instead of Normal.
    •Fixed an issue where controls would become unresponsive under certain conditions.
    •Fixed an issue with one of the in-game cinematics.
    •Improved single player stability and fixed progression stoppers.

Matchmaking, Parties, and Platoons
    •Smoothed out the matchmaking flow between successful matchmaking and joining the player to the game.
    •Players can no longer join an invitation only party without being invited.
    •Fixed issues with joining single players together into Fireteams.
    •Fixed an issue where Veteran platoon members could not reach Elite status.
    •Platoon ownership is now automatically transferred to the most senior member/GM of the platoon when the current leader leaves the
    platoon.
    •Fixed an issue where a member that is removed from a platoon becomes its leader.
    •Fixed an issue where players could not rejoin the same platoon matchmaking server after playing a game on that server.
    •If a player leaves one platoon and joins another, their platoon card now properly reflects that change.
    •Fixed an issue where the platoon patch would not show up for other members if one member leaves the platoon.
    •Fixed another issue where the platoon patch would no longer show up under certain circumstances.
    •Sending a platoon invite when both players are in-game now works properly.

Weapons
    •Fixed “no scope” shooting. Players were getting immediate ADS accuracy without having to wait for the scope to come all the way up. Was very exploitable for snipers.
    •Sped up the bolt action on the CS5, since it was longer than the TAC300.
    •Fixed issue with gap between where the LTLM can’t fire and where it indicates the target is too close.
    •Reduced the damage/range of the Demolition’s SMGs (Scar PDW, HK 416c, Suchka), as they were overpowered.
    •Made switching between primary and secondary weapons much more responsive.
    •Fixed an issue where a grenade would not be thrown the next time if the user switches to their weapon while cooking a grenade.
    •Player will now switch back to their secondary weapon if that is the weapon in use when throwing their last grenade.
    •Fixed an issue where aiming was pushing the player away from the wall they were standing next to.
    •Fixed clearance check for placing the Radar Jammer.
    •Fixed auto-ADS not working when peek-and-leaning while prone.
    •Implemented pre-streaming for weapons to reduce the time from spawn to ready-to-fire to be 0 seconds in most cases. Down from around 2 seconds prior to this fix.

UI and User Experience
    Navigation
    •Made the start button responsive as soon as the player enters the first menu screen.
    •Simplified the way players navigate and select in the My Gun and Class Select menus.
    •Fixed the way the UI handles scrolling, including speed and correct scroll bar position.
    •Cleaned up a number of other small navigation quirks and issues.

User Experience
    •Servers in the Server Browser are now sorted based on ping, giving priority to servers closest to the player.
    •Filtering servers by name now works properly.
    •Fixed an issue where changes in My Gun and My Soldier were not being retained when joining a game via the Quick Match or Matchmaking options in the MP Lobby.
    •Optimized the login flow into Multiplayer.
    •Updated the MP Lobby to include a shortcut to creating a Party.
    •Quick Match button in the MP Lobby is now contextual, and will change to Platoon Matchmaking if you are in a Platoon Party.
    •Fixed the Server Browser filter to properly sort for games that have 6+ open slots.
    •Fixed a 20 second hang during the Online Pass flow.
    •We now keep the queuing message open as long as the player is still queuing.
    •Clean up notification numbers when a new item is viewed.
    •Various other flow and user experience optimizations.

Visual Polish
    •We now turn off the HUD when we start to show the outro scoreboard.
    •Fixed display of text in disabled dropdowns.
    •Fixed some subtitle lines being cut off.
    •Removed hints and tips from the loading screens that were no longer valid.
    •Fixed the Player Banners to display the correct rank icon and number.
    •Fixed placement of auto-save icon on CRT TVs.
    •Fixed HUD elements not showing in certain cases.
    •Fixed animations in the post-match screens as they show the player’s progression.
    •Fixed the timer not displaying in the post-match screens.
    •Fixed player name tags not showing up in-game in Home Run.
    •Icons are now scaled on the sniper’s mini-map when they are using the bipod.
    •Updated the art used in the Player Banner.
    •Fixed some camera issues on level entry.
    •Fixed the demolitions class mask display in certain situations.
    •Fixed an issue that would cause some images not to display properly.
    •Various other alignment, corruption, overlap and visual improvements and fixes.

Misc Fixes
    •Fixed an issue where the Battlelog social hub introduction was showing every time you opened the Battlelog social hub.
    •VOIP team channel no longer includes players from the other team.
    •Round cycling no longer changes VOIP settings for the players
    •Fixed an issue with VOIP in the Home Run game mode.
    •Fixed an issue where Double XP was not being awarded to players who had both logged on to medalofhonor.com and who had played on a multiplayer server.
    •Fixed an issue where the Global Warfighter medal was not being awarded after players had completed a tour with each class.
    •Fixed muffled firing sounds when scope is zoomed in.
    •Localization fixes, in both audio and text.

Additional Fixes Made on PC and PS3
    Multiplayer Gameplay
    •Improved the camera for the Apache.
    •Improved the aiming of the rockets in the Apache.
    •Improved Blackhawk functionality in Novi Grad Warzone.
    •Fixed a bug in the rules for pre-round in Combat Mission.
    •Fixed a couple of out of bounds issues in Sarajevo Stadium.
    •Fixed an out of bounds issue in Basilan Aftermath.
    •Fixed a bad spawn point in Team Deathmatch in Somalia Stronghold.
    •(PS3 – Japan) Fixed an issue that prevented 17-year old users from playing online.

Visual Polish
    •Fixed an issue where support action icons were overlapping each other.
    •Kill messages should now better match timing within gameplay.
    •Improved readability of kill messages.
    •Fixed visual effects issue in Tungawan Jungle.
    •Fixed mini-map issue in Shogore Valley.
    •Improved visual fidelity of some of the flag images.
    •Smoothed transitions between screens in the Mulitplayer menus.
    •Fixed a visual glitch when adjusting the brightness in the Options menu.
    •Fixed a bug where the News in the MP Lobby was not showing up.

Misc Fixes
    •Removed Quit Game from the Top Navigation Bar in the in-game pause menu and placed it under “Last Resort” in the Respawn Menu.
    •Fixed a case of an explosion not playing the correct audio.
    •Various audio mix updates.
    •(PS3 – Japan) Various stability fixes.
    •Fixed functionality and list updates for Favorite and Recent servers.
    •Players with chat restrictions are no longer allowed to create their own platoon.
    •Platoon names and tags are now restricted to no more than 3 numerals each.
    •(PS3 – Japan) Fixed two issues related to platoon names and chat-restricted accounts.
    •Fixed an issue with invites specific to PS3 and PC where the player would get stuck on a black screen.
    •Various stability and performance improvements.
    •(PS3 – Japan) Fixed an issue related to save file size calculation.

Additional Fixes Made on Xbox 360
    •Improved the handling of memory cards and saved profiles.
    •Improved handling of parties and Fireteam designations in Platoon matches.
    •Fixed an issue related to progression loss if the user removes the storage device.
    •Fixed an issue where a player’s class was changing without their input.
    •Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, brand new players were forced to play with a placeholder weapon in multiplayer until
    their first death.

•Stability improvements.