Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Madden 13

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CuttyCantHang CuttyCantHang
    Look forward to it Sal, always a pleasure!

Say 7up!

Chatty Cathy
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree FriendsVeteran
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uncle Curveball Uncle Curveball
    Bumping and adding more thoughts

Useful tips:

Under settings you can turn on old audible system. Learning how to do group audibles is important as is receiver hot routes. I recommend playing a game with 15 minutes quarters and no accelerated clock just so you can work on learning them. (extra time to just keep repeating).

Ball hawk - if you hold 'Y' as a pass defender you aggressively go after the ball and even strip it from the receiver. If you hold the 'RB' button you go for a swatted ball. Understanding your positioning and what the best move is will help.

Mixing in blitzes seems to work. I've got some nice sacks with the disguised blitz.

Crossing patterns are still very strong. I got picked apart by a guy that was mixing that with screens. I'll figure out a solution and post.

The running game is good, but learn to cut inside. You really need speed to clear a corner, but s juke towards midfield or a spin can often pick up an extra few years.

The direction you press on the LS influences your passes greatly. It's always had some influence, but instead of just over/under/left/right you really have total directional influence. Learn how to throw under coverage and away (think like a 4'o'clock direction for a receiver running from left to right). This is powerful and will influence games.

Use motion in your plays. Moving receivers can show man or zone coverages allowing you to take advantage of isolation matchups.

Move receivers in motion to support run game. Having a receiver move into a better position may help you get a chip block on a pesky linebacker. This in conjunction with O-line audibles can provide little tweaks to support the run game. You can hike the ball why a player is in motion.

Learn how to pump fake. This years madden the pump fake is done by pressing the LB button and the receiver to fake towards. I swear to you if you pump towards a player doing and out to the right, you can see the safety bite in that direction ( allowing you to throw middle in the opening that just appeared). I believe awareness plays a part in defensive response to a pump fake. Be careful though, the longer you hold the ball bad things happen!

Try using game flow in your offline franchise games. This allows you to see more of the play book that you may never call plays from. Turn off the accelerated clock or at least give yourself 25 seconds to examine the play. Study the art, see where the routes goes and how different quick reads can be based on zone or man. Is your receiver getting jammed at the line with no help over the corner? If he had a good release rating and get behind the CB you've just picked up a first down if you throw soon enough. Wait to long and you've got safety problems.

Learn how to switch defenders and make a play on the ball. The 'B' button switches your player to whoever is closest (or coverage defender) allowing you to make a play. The key is going dead stick on the LS. If you are holding it at all you run the risk of pulling your guy off coverage. Try playing a game where all you do is watch the opposing QB. When he throws press the B button and use your Ball Hawk skills.
    - I led the geezer league in interceptions last year because of one simple strategy. I 'controlled' the defender over the slot receiver or tight end. I let the CPU run the coverage route and just intercepted passes thrown to that player from players that only looked for slot or tight end. Since I was allowing the CPU to run the defensive route, I was able to tap B if the ball went to a different target and make a play on it still.

That's it for tonight. If any geezers want to play and "lab" the game I'm happy to oblige. I'd love to help us all get s little better.

Play your offline career, learn the inner workings. There is a lot of stuff in this game that isn't obvious.

Old-Timer
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LegendcalledJim LegendcalledJim
    I got Madden 13. I told myself I would never buy another Madden after 09, but after playing the demo I really had to give this game a shot. This is the best feeling football game since 2k5 and I'm excited again for a football game. If any of you guys what to play hit me up.

Chatty Cathy
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by L3gendcalledJim View Post
    I got Madden 13. I told myself I would never buy another Madden after 09, but after playing the demo I really had to give this game a shot. This is the best feeling football game since 2k5 and I'm excited again for a football game. If any of you guys what to play hit me up.
    Search the online community for geezer gamers and join. The password is gzrgamer.

Also, cinsider joining our league that will launch in a couple of weeks. That thread is posted under 'leagues' here on GG.

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

One thing I have to add. I don't want to hear "Better With Kinect" just once. There is no need for it and is utterly useless.

Say 7up!

Chatty Cathy
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SmackEmYakEm View Post
    One thing I have to add. I don't want to hear "Better With Kinect" just once. There is no need for it and is utterly useless.
    I'm totally going to hook up my kinect and see how it handles audibles.

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Although I did not get any server disconnects (about time EA!) I played 2 ranked games. The second game had periods of EXTREME lag. Lag to the point where the screen froze for so long I thought I was going to have to exit and go to the dash. The guy I was playing with said it was exactly the same on his side so it wasn't just me.

Say 7up!

Old-Timer
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: LegendcalledJim LegendcalledJim
    I played 2 games online and had no lag, but I got destroyed. Guess playing with the Browns is a bad idea.

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Anyone know how to download your highlight vid's off of EA? They download in an FLV format and I can't do jack shit with them.

Say 7up!

Chatty Cathy
    Achievements:
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SmackEmYakEm View Post
    Anyone know how to download your highlight vid's off of EA? They download in an FLV format and I can't do jack shit with them.
    If's handled the same way... I had to download the FLV file and then upload that to youtube to create my videos last year.

not everyone has recorders like Gopher ;-)