***LEAGUE WILL OFFICIALLY BE ACTIVATED ON AUGUST 31ST***
BE SURE TO CHECK THE THREAD FOR EACH WEEK FOR WHEN THE LEAGUE WILL BE ROLLED OVER
1) This is an "NFL-Sim-Style" Madden League.
This means that the games are intended to be played as closely to an NFL-style game as possible. If you have that one "money play" to get yourself out of a bind, fine, use it.
JUST DON'T ABUSE IT.
I don't care how you play. If your play style is pass, pass, pass run, or run, run, run, run, pass...do as you wish as long as you avoid cheap Madden exploits.
2) Players substituted out of a realistic position for that players are strictly prohibited.
I know this has been fixed, pretty much, by the Madden gods, but my best example is back when people used to put Mike Vick in as a kickoff returner. Don't do it.
3) 4Th Downs:
"Going for it" on 4th down is strictly prohibited, except under the following circumstances:
- The final two minutes of the 1st half, whether you are losing or not.
- If you are losing by MORE THAN 3 points, in the 2nd Half, and you are on the Opponents Side of the field.
- If you are losing by ANY margin of Points, in the 4th Quarter, from anywhere on the field. It's your gamble and you can live or die by your choice.
- A team that has the lead in the 4th quater and can seal the deal by converting a 4th down can go for it.
4) Games Settings will be:
- 7 Minutes Quarters
- Conventional Play Calling
- Live Weather Settings
- 15 Second Accelerated Clock
- All-Pro Difficulty Setting
- Injuries ON
- Fatigue ON (I'm not certain if this is a setting, or not, but it will be ON, if it is)
- Free Agency signings ON (From what the "NEW" Franchise perks are, putting a player on IR to open up a Roster Spot.
- Trading is ON.
5) You MUST maintain roster relevance. There are specific number demands, per position, for teams. When an injury occurs, if you lose a LB, you MUST sign a LB, to maintain your LB roster spots. If you do NOT maintain your Roster spot numbers, and play a league game, you will receive a forfeiture loss.
6) No one abused this last year, but there were times when people lost a defensive player, and signed a receiver, tight end, or running back. This would not be permitted in the NFL, so I feel we need to maintain that realism in our league.
- In reference to an issue that arose that year:
* Playing a CPU controlled team, there will be NO reason for a restart, except for the rare occasion your game freezes (which did happen last year, so it is a known issue)
* If it is discovered that you have "restarted" a CPU game, for any reason other than a game freeze, you will receive a forfeiture loss.
7) I refuse to fall behind like last year. There are no league-wide bye weeks. If you can't play your game your opponent will play the CPU. If both players can't play it will be a full SIM. The week will roll forward no matter what once the official NFL week is over.
8) The League Week will run from Tuesday to Tuesday, every week.
This year there are no exceptions. I will roll over to the next week each Tuesday and games not played will be simulated. The weeks will be laid out well ahead of time and your opponent for each week will be posted here in the forums. If something happens where a game cannot be played and I am advised of this I can grant an exception. Of course all the while with everyone being under the presumption there are no exceptions
9) Rage quitting or quitting in general during a league game = automatic release from the league. Of course connection issues will occur, this is Madden and EA after all.
10) If a game is choppy/laggy and both managers agree it should be played at another time that is fine.
Silly things to note:
- Mic's aren't mandatory. If you chose to play without chatting that is fine.
- If you do use mic's, in good spirit trash talking is permitted. If I get word that there was any durogatory things being said in an unsporting way the Madden Overlords will boot your ass out of the league.
- Absolutely positively no calling out of anyone in a forum thread. If you have a problem with another player/manager/coach or whatever you want to call them please reach out to me.
**AFC and NFC Champs will both receive custom GG Madden 13 sigs. GG Madden 13 Super Bowl Champ will receive an uber champion sig.
That's it for now. Stay tuned to this thread for more updates as what is currently here is not etched in stone. Also stay on the lookout for a sign up thread. As usual first come, first serve for claiming teams. If two players agree to a team swap before the season starts that is fine by me.
**** I believe the email system last year became a bit overwhelming with way too many replies that was very hard to keep track of. For scheduling your games I think it is best to use LIVE messages and the threads designated here in the forum for each week.
I don't think it is that hard for owners to use one of these two options to get their games scheduled. I will also create another sticky thread for general league chatter once the season starts to keep the threads designated for each week clutter free.