Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 13 League **RULES**

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CuttyCantHang CuttyCantHang

Madden 13 League **RULES**

***LEAGUE WILL OFFICIALLY BE ACTIVATED ON AUGUST 31ST***
    BE SURE TO CHECK THE THREAD FOR EACH WEEK FOR WHEN THE LEAGUE WILL BE ROLLED OVER

1)
    This is an "NFL-Sim-Style" Madden League.

This means that the games are intended to be played as closely to an NFL-style game as possible. If you have that one "money play" to get yourself out of a bind, fine, use it.
    JUST DON'T ABUSE IT.

I don't care how you play. If your play style is pass, pass, pass run, or run, run, run, run, pass...do as you wish as long as you avoid cheap Madden exploits.

2) Players substituted out of a realistic position for that players are strictly prohibited.
    I know this has been fixed, pretty much, by the Madden gods, but my best example is back when people used to put Mike Vick in as a kickoff returner. Don't do it.

3) 4Th Downs:
    "Going for it" on 4th down is strictly prohibited, except under the following circumstances:

- The final two minutes of the 1st half, whether you are losing or not.
    - If you are losing by MORE THAN 3 points, in the 2nd Half, and you are on the Opponents Side of the field.
    - If you are losing by ANY margin of Points, in the 4th Quarter, from anywhere on the field. It's your gamble and you can live or die by your choice.
    - A team that has the lead in the 4th quater and can seal the deal by converting a 4th down can go for it.

4) Games Settings will be:
    - 7 Minutes Quarters
    - Conventional Play Calling
    - Live Weather Settings
    - 15 Second Accelerated Clock
    - All-Pro Difficulty Setting
    - Injuries ON
    - Fatigue ON (I'm not certain if this is a setting, or not, but it will be ON, if it is)
    - Free Agency signings ON (From what the "NEW" Franchise perks are, putting a player on IR to open up a Roster Spot.

- Trading is ON.

5) You MUST maintain roster relevance. There are specific number demands, per position, for teams. When an injury occurs, if you lose a LB, you MUST sign a LB, to maintain your LB roster spots. If you do NOT maintain your Roster spot numbers, and play a league game, you will receive a forfeiture loss.

6) No one abused this last year, but there were times when people lost a defensive player, and signed a receiver, tight end, or running back. This would not be permitted in the NFL, so I feel we need to maintain that realism in our league.

- In reference to an issue that arose that year:
    * Playing a CPU controlled team, there will be NO reason for a restart, except for the rare occasion your game freezes (which did happen last year, so it is a known issue)
    * If it is discovered that you have "restarted" a CPU game, for any reason other than a game freeze, you will receive a forfeiture loss.

7) I refuse to fall behind like last year. There are no league-wide bye weeks. If you can't play your game your opponent will play the CPU. If both players can't play it will be a full SIM. The week will roll forward no matter what once the official NFL week is over.

8) The League Week will run from Tuesday to Tuesday, every week.
    This year there are no exceptions. I will roll over to the next week each Tuesday and games not played will be simulated. The weeks will be laid out well ahead of time and your opponent for each week will be posted here in the forums. If something happens where a game cannot be played and I am advised of this I can grant an exception. Of course all the while with everyone being under the presumption there are no exceptions

9) Rage quitting or quitting in general during a league game = automatic release from the league. Of course connection issues will occur, this is Madden and EA after all.

10) If a game is choppy/laggy and both managers agree it should be played at another time that is fine.

Silly things to note:

- Mic's aren't mandatory. If you chose to play without chatting that is fine.

- If you do use mic's, in good spirit trash talking is permitted. If I get word that there was any durogatory things being said in an unsporting way the Madden Overlords will boot your ass out of the league.

- Absolutely positively no calling out of anyone in a forum thread. If you have a problem with another player/manager/coach or whatever you want to call them please reach out to me.

**AFC and NFC Champs will both receive custom GG Madden 13 sigs. GG Madden 13 Super Bowl Champ will receive an uber champion sig.

That's it for now. Stay tuned to this thread for more updates as what is currently here is not etched in stone. Also stay on the lookout for a sign up thread. As usual first come, first serve for claiming teams. If two players agree to a team swap before the season starts that is fine by me.

**** I believe the email system last year became a bit overwhelming with way too many replies that was very hard to keep track of. For scheduling your games I think it is best to use LIVE messages and the threads designated here in the forum for each week.

I don't think it is that hard for owners to use one of these two options to get their games scheduled. I will also create another sticky thread for general league chatter once the season starts to keep the threads designated for each week clutter free.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/506606449365350/
    Last edited by SmackEmYakEm; 07-24-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Say 7up!

Goober
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Cool. Hope this year goes better than last year.
    Colts Owner GG Madden League 12 - STL Blues Owner, GG PolarBeers NHL 12 League

Colts AFC South Champs, GG Madden 11 League

Chatty Cathy
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildThree FriendsVeteran
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uncle Curveball Uncle Curveball
    I think the rules could you used some revision. I posted some stuff in the sports forum. I'll bring it over here for discussion.

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I will revise the rules when I get a chance. I put this up as a placeholder. I did this while at work but wanted to get something started. The rules will be changed, perhaps a near overhaul. If I decide to run this I'm going to re-do everything and I will need assistance. How do you feel about helping out UC?

Say 7up!

The Golden Years
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster Child1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KcGopher KcGopher
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackEmYakEm View Post
    Silly things to note:

- Absolutely positively no calling out of anyone in a forum thread. If you have a problem with another player/manager/coach or whatever you want to call them please reach out to me.

DO NOT RAGE QUIT!!!

no FAKE punts!!! (you know who you are... lol)
    turn injuries off (one can hope)
    ok to go for it on 4th down if just outside of FG range and too close to punt (55-63 yard attempt)

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Added rules 9 and 10. I'm going to keep injuries on for now. Let's see if this year they finally don't have guys busting legs and ribs every 3 quaters or so before turning them off. If it is as bad as last year I will most likely turn injuries off.

Say 7up!

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster Child1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks for all the effort smackem!! Can't wait for the season to start

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lilbow480 View Post
    Thanks for all the effort smackem!! Can't wait for the season to start
    No problem at all. I look forward to a great season.

Say 7up!

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship Member250 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mebwalt mebwalt
    PSN ID: mebwalt mebwalt
    Are we allowed to trade players?

Post Enthusiast
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I will think trades over for a bit. If we do go with trades I think there would have to be a trade deadline around mid-season.

Say 7up!