Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildOverdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Twisted Lord Twisted
    PSN ID: Twisted_Brian Twisted_Brian

Kickstart a new MMO?

I wasn't sure where to put this in the forums.

I poke around the website Kickstarter.com every once in awhile. For those that don't know what it is, this website allows inventors, and investors come together in an interesting way. An inventor post a project that want to do, and investors can choose to help fund it, by buying a "package" a lot of musicians on there wanting to fund a new CD can offer anyone who invest $20 a signed copy of the CD for example.

Well, now there is a small company working on a new MMO called "The Repopulation" it got some decent reviews when they unveiled it to some of the bigger gamer forums, and magazines, but it's still in the early stages. Funding options range from I think $20 to $10,000 and you can choose to fund anywhere in between that. Each level has some sort of perk based on the game launching.

Such as one of the higher level funding options allows you to help design, name, and pick the personality of one of the NPC's in the game.

Just something I thought I would throw out there, no idea how the game will do, but it has received over $30,000 so far with almost 500 backers and still has three days to go before it closes.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-repopulation

Rest Home Warrior
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberThree FriendsTagger Second ClassPoster Child
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AsphaltRanger AsphaltRanger
    PSN ID: AsphaltRanger AsphaltRanger
    the video scared me.... the gnome moves!!! The game itself looks like it runs on the Anarchy online or the old SWG engine

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildOverdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lord Twisted Lord Twisted
    PSN ID: Twisted_Brian Twisted_Brian
    I think SWG would be a good comparison based on the video. The graphics, and the player city buildings stuff. The UI looked really bad. But it was video from Alpha and it has a long ways to go from what I have seen. If I wasn't already counting change, I would donate $20 bucks just to get into the beta. You just never know when a little company like this might hit a home run.