Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Prestige 1
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredFlagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RePeteCoyote RePeteCoyote
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoArgonaut View Post
    Anyone happen to have any extra codes/invites for the beta they're willing to share? I'd love to jump in with some Geezers tonight!
    I'll send you one, Crypto. Private message on the way.

That leaves me with one more left.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Poster ChildFlagship Member31 days registered

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CryptoArgonaut CryptoArgonaut
    Awesome Pete - Thanks - Downloading now

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class

Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JediChric JediChric
    PSN ID: JediChric JediChric
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkscul View Post
    I'm assuming you meant BF3? And to say that tactics don't matter in BF3 or MW3 (I've not played MW3) is kind of disingenuous, don't you think? In my experience, tactics matter in any and every FPS if you want to be successful. BF3 probably rewards team tactics more than most shooters (especially now, after the latest patch), and from my experience with GRFS, it is definitely a team tactics game as well. But any player playing any shooter will benefit from using tactics in a game, and good players will gravitate towards the tactics that a game rewards. If a game rewards camping (a cheap tactic, yet still a form of tactics) then people will camp. If a game gives opportunity and rewards flanking, good players will do that. The key seems to be creating a balance between usage of good tactics and individual skill. Some games seem to allow individual skill to overcome solid team tactics. To some extent, individual skill should be a factor, but it shouldn't completely negate good teamwork and tactics.
    ...I was being sarcastic.

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CuttyCantHang CuttyCantHang
    One thing I must say, although I really enjoy games such as this and Battlefield and how teamwork is a necessity I still play for FUN. Thus when playing and hearing crap like "Im going this way, you go that way and try to flank them. Be sure to give me cover fire if needed.". I just say, "Uh yeah OK Rambo, how about you kiss my ass and keep pretending to be a soldier of fortune. Oh and watch out, stray bullets are known to pick people off while sitting on their couch."

Idiots that play this way ruin a game just like loudmouth TIMMIES.

The group I have played this demo with is perfect, everyone laughing and having a good time no matter what the outcome. If I get stuck in a group or room that plays like the future of the free world is truly at stake I will utter some truly incredible pieces of profanity at them right before I leave

Say 7up!

Senior Post Whore
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildVeteranThree Friends

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ken McCoy Ken McCoy
    Quote Originally Posted by JediChric View Post
    ...I was being sarcastic.
    Ah.
    It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing!!!

Senior Post Whore
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsFlagship MemberPoster ChildVeteranThree Friends

Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ken McCoy Ken McCoy
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackEmYakEm View Post
    One thing I must say, although I really enjoy games such as this and Battlefield and how teamwork is a necessity I still play for FUN. Thus when playing and hearing crap like "Im going this way, you go that way and try to flank them. Be sure to give me cover fire if needed.". I just say, "Uh yeah OK Rambo, how about you kiss my ass and keep pretending to be a soldier of fortune. Oh and watch out, stray bullets are known to pick people off while sitting on their couch."

Idiots that play this way ruin a game just like loudmouth TIMMIES.

The group I have played this demo with is perfect, everyone laughing and having a good time no matter what the outcome. If I get stuck in a group or room that plays like the future of the free world is truly at stake I will utter some truly incredible pieces of profanity at them right before I leave
    I've had some really good games in BF3 where I group with a squad of randoms, and we aren't even talking,but we are working together. Just tonight I was on and joined a squad that was doing pretty well. We would attack a node together, coming in from different points and set up a cross fire. It was working like clockwork and we weren't even saying a word. It was just four people who know how the game works using the game mechanics effectively. I know a lot of Geezers don't like to play with randoms, but I spend most of my game time playing BF3 (will probably be dividing time between BF3 and GRFS when that drops), and I group with Geezers when they are on, but most of the Geezers on my friends list are in eastern time zones and go to bed before me, so I often play with randoms as well, and have good times doing it. When with Geezers, we do work together, but we do it willingly. No one really bosses other people around. We communicate in order to accomplish what needs to be done, but in a cooperative way.

In fact, if I was with you, and I'd probably be the one flanking around, and I'd do it without even saying anything.
    It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing!!!

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster ChildTagger Second ClassThree FriendsCreated Blog entry
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CuttyCantHang CuttyCantHang
    Exactly! To go even further I think talking strategy in games such as this actually goes against what you are ultimately trying to accomplish. For the most part everyone playing should know what to do and what needs to be done. If they don't talking commands into a mic and telling people what to do is just going to make matters worse and become more of a chore and downright annoying that anything else.

Going back to past threads and posts you will actually find me stating just that. Games I have played with randoms (I do this a lot actually.) and was impressed with the teamwork everyone showed.

There is something to be said for groups of randoms that completely own a room. There were instances in Battlefield 3 and even Gears 3 where I met up with a group of randoms and rocked everyone without speaking a word to each other.

We even kept the group intact with invites and played for a few hours without a peep. Am I saying I prefer that? Yes and no. I like playing with friends and bullshitting as we play. But there is a perception that matchmaking and venturing out with randoms is going to always be a terrible experience and that is not the case.

There are good people out there of all ages to play with. Most recently this happened in Gears 3 last week and I actually got a "thanks for the games" from each player in our squad when we called it a night. Other than those messages there was no other communication yet we rocked each match. Good times!

Say 7up!

Post Whore
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster Child1 year registeredThree Friends1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GrimJack352 GrimJack352
    PSN ID: Grimjack_352 Grimjack_352
    Has anyone seen Ghost Recon: Alpha yet? It's on G4 right now, pretty badass. 25 minute live action companion film for future soldier. I didn't know anything about it 'til I flipped past it. Oops, it just ended. It was very cool, anyone interested in the game should check it out. They had the UAV, the optical camo suit, etc. Supposed to be directly tied to the game.

Post Enthusiast
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberThree FriendsPoster ChildTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimJack352 View Post
    Has anyone seen Ghost Recon: Alpha yet? It's on G4 right now, pretty badass. 25 minute live action companion film for future soldier. I didn't know anything about it 'til I flipped past it. Oops, it just ended. It was very cool, anyone interested in the game should check it out. They had the UAV, the optical camo suit, etc. Supposed to be directly tied to the game.
    Did you see the actual movie or just the trailer for it? My understanding was that the movie wouldn't be shown until later today.

Post Whore
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Flagship MemberPoster Child1 year registeredThree Friends1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GrimJack352 GrimJack352
    PSN ID: Grimjack_352 Grimjack_352
    Quote Originally Posted by krieg87 View Post
    Did you see the actual movie or just the trailer for it? My understanding was that the movie wouldn't be shown until later today.
    Apparently it was the movie. The verizon fios guide had it labeled as X play, and when I flipped to it, I thought, well the guide must be wrong, they have some generic war movie on instead. I was about to change it, and then I noticed that they had the GR emblem patches on their uniforms. It ran from 2 - 2:30 eastern. If it was a trailer, it was a pretty long one.